New ILD website

BE CAREFUL when purchasing an item off the ILD website! Last week I got an email from Dooney saying that an “audit” shows they failed to charge me for FOUR ILoveDooney purchases I made back in 2021, and that I need to pay up NOW!

I was floored! so much so that I went through my credit card statements for 2022 to see if a few bags I had bought from the ILD website last month had been charged yet. Sure enough, my 2022 ILD purchases have NOT been charged, either! This consistent “problem” seems to arise when I buy from ILD. Sorry for the negativity, but I am FUMING MAD.

• Wow
Reactions: nyeredzi
BE CAREFUL when purchasing an item off the ILD website! Last week I got an email from Dooney saying that an “audit” shows they failed to charge me for FOUR ILoveDooney purchases I made back in 2021, and that I need to pay up NOW!

I was floored! so much so that I went through my credit card statements for 2022 to see if a few bags I had bought from the ILD website last month had been charged yet. Sure enough, my 2022 ILD purchases have NOT been charged, either! This consistent “problem” seems to arise when I buy from ILD. Sorry for the negativity, but I am FUMING MAD.
WOW! This company needs an overhaul. My husband WFH and I mentioned this to him (MBA/LSSBB). He thinks this is terrible customer relations.

I realize this was money you thought you paid last year, but who wants to be surprised like this and find during an inflationary period you need to pay for four items.

P.S. My favorite is the Alto Collection, too.

Reactions: Alto Junkie
WOW! This company needs an overhaul. My husband WFH and I mentioned this to him (MBA/LSSBB). He thinks this is terrible customer relations.

I realize this was money you thought you paid last year, but who wants to be surprised like this and find during an inflationary period you need to pay for four items.

P.S. My favorite is the Alto Collection, too.
It IS terrible customer relations. I’ve posted about this in the ”Dear Dooney.com Please Get Your Act Together” thread but I want to warn anyone who uses Dooney.com or ilovedooney.com to keep VERY careful track of their credit/debit card statements. I finally got this sorted out with Dooney’s collections department—turns out that when you order something online, they immediately put the hold on your credit card. But (unbelievably) sometimes it takes Dooney weeks or even a MONTH to get around to confirming the charge—AFTER they’ve sent you the merchandise—so by the time they try to finalize the charge, the pending charge has already dropped off and the credit card company rejects it. I can’t believe anyone actually runs an online business like this (let alone a business that’s so well known), but there you have it.

I took an unexpected hit to my credit card today to the tune of more than $1500 without so much as an apology or even a coupon from D&B. The representative i spoke with the other day said she “hated it” when these situations happened to customers—well then, Dooney, DO SOMETHING TO FIX IT. As for me, I’m done with doing any more business with this company.

• Wow
Reactions: JVSXOXO
I can’t understand what has happened to Dooney. This is incredible. CS has gone way way down hill. It’s a shame. I have to wonder if they are trying to save money and if those savings mean lower quality bags.

Reactions: Alto Junkie