New HH Addict...Am I ok?

stylin' mom

Apr 12, 2009
Hello all....I am new to the purse forum...not new to bag addiction, though. My newest addiction is Hayden-Harnett and I'm wondering why this seems so much more intense than ever before. I wake up thinking about my next find, and go to sleep the same way. Am I ok?

I have fallen deeply in love with so many of their styles and of course in these hard economic times, it's not the smartest move to make. Fortunately I'm a deal finder...NEVER PAY FULL PRICE, I SAY!...That's how I rationalize it to myself, and my more harsh critic, my husband...

So....pleeease, from those who have been in love with HH much longer,:nuts::yahoo: to me, a new lover of the line...what is a MUST HAVE? Are there any places, sites, anything I need to know about? And of course, am I ok?

Aloha to all!

You're fine. :tup: You're also at the right place, just like the ladies above stated. Welcome to the madness that is HH love!!! You will love it here. Just skim the threads and you'll find lots of tips. Check out the Deals&Steals thread on the Forum thread page. The ladies here are awesome detectives when it comes to finding deals on HH products! :nuts:

thanks ladies for the warm welcome...i will be sure to check out the deals&steals...what does everyone think of the corcovado and the wyeth hobo? anyone have the tracy clutch? let me know your thoughts...thanks!!!

Welcome stylin'mom! These are all perfectly normal feeling you're having LOL. We're all obsessive compulsive about HH around here.

I have the tracy and wyeth hobo and they are some of my faves. There are a bunch of pics on here of both--here are are some of mine.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Hello all....I am new to the purse forum...not new to bag addiction, though. My newest addiction is Hayden-Harnett and I'm wondering why this seems so much more intense than ever before.
So....pleeease, from those who have been in love with HH much longer,:nuts::yahoo: to me, a new lover of the line...what is a MUST HAVE? Are there any places, sites, anything I need to know about? And of course, am I ok?

Aloha to all!

Welcome. We understand your new love. I have been a Hayden Harnett fan a little over a year, but in that year I have fully changed over my original collection. I only have 3 of my original handbags left and this was from a collection that I had acquired over several years. I probably would have let those go except I have this fondness for basket and wicker handbags come summer and I haven't seen an HH version of such. Oh, would I love an HH wicker bag! :faint: I bet it would be spectacular.

I would say, for me, the difference is that HH seems to have married the perfect combination of variety, functionality and pure tactile delight. So many of the luxe bag designers I purchased before started to seem same-o, same-o. Coach was...well...Coach. Don't shoot me LP & RM lovers, but to me, LP, RM & Bal, as well as many other luxe lines, seem to have found 3 silhouettes and keep cranking them out, just alternating leathers or colors. So, I do find HH exciting. In any given collection, they have at least 1/2 dozen silhouettes, usually each is available in at least 2 different leather finishes and 3-4 colors. That rocks!

As to places and sites, check the steals/deals chat thread. This group of HHHotties is an impressive group of big game stalkers. I don't think there is a steal or deal out there in the wilds that these girls haven't "bagged". Hang out with us during the next HH sale. It's hilarious. HH needs to put revolving doors on those shopping carts. If any one lets a bag lose, they're over here on the thread letting the others know to transfer it into their cart. I sit through these sales mesmerized at their special-ops worthy logistics in shopping a sale. Ninja-shoppers!:ninja:

...what is a MUST HAVE? Aloha to all!

I prefer a satchel style bag, so my list of MUSTS will be a bit different from my fellow HH Hoboettes. Oh, another warning, I like BIG bags. So, with that in mind here is my list...

MUST HAVES FOR THE SATCHEL/TOTE KINDA GIRL

Trophy bag
Corcovado
Dominique Satchel
Beatrice Satchel
Something in HH's wonderful patent (hopefully a corc)
Pompidou (OK... 1 small bag to fit in the others)

And my newest treasure - The Farrow (Fall 2009). WOW!:yahoo:

So Paelaf, I take it you support the Tracy and Wyeth...are there any specifics on those you'd like to mention that are just out of this world fantastic? They look great, but I haven't held one in my hand, so those specifics are beyond my reach.

Thank goodness for purse forum...I don't feel like a total freak now...I seriously though I might be going crazy, but RealMcCoy, you really said exactly how I feel....thanks making sense of my obsession!

How often do they have online sample sales? How often are the sales 60 or more percent off? I feel like a crazy person checking daily, but it seems it changes daily...

Making sense of the madness....Aloha to all!

Prepare to become an HH zombie! There is something about this site that sucks you in and you find yourself checking it at all hours just to make sure you are not missing anything.:biggrin:

As far as deals go, HH has sales often. Two of the best are the Big Bang sale in July and a Christmas sale in mid-December. When they have the hourly specials going you can score some incredible deals. It's like a treasure hunt.

Have you looked at the fall collection yet? They have some really lovely things coming up.

Another great description..an HH ZOMBIE!!! Yes, that's what I am...and best of all I'm not alone...

thanks bag-mania for the heads up on Big Bang and Christmas sales...will they email me this, or do I have to keep checking....what am I talking about, I check daily anyway...ha!

how do I get those bag pictures on the bottom of my message? I'm assuming they are pics of the bags you own...how cool! gotta know how to do that...does it show up on all your messages or do you have to add it every time?

If you are on their e-mail list, and it sounds like you are, they will send an announcement for sales. They are using Twitter for announcements as well.

If you want to add images to your page, click on "My Control Panel" at the top left of the page to make your edits.

Welcome!! I arrived here last winter, and I think my first post was titled, "Just bought my first HH, am I doomed??" Fortunately, HH has killer sales a couple of times a year. Get on their e-mail list and hang out here and you will be all set. Absolutely best info comes from the HHHotties here!

I don't know what to tell you about which bags, it all depends on your taste, your needs, and your budget. There are some beautiful styles coming out for Fall/Winter 09, check out the "LookBook" thread for pics and prepare to drool.