New Here

Hi all,

Just would like to say thanks for all the info so far on anything handbag. I have been browsing through this forum every once and a while as a non-member to research on possible "suitors" (:P) for my female equivalent.

My girlfriend (of so far 6.5 yrs) is really into designer handbags and sometimes she doesn't have too much money to afford these beautiful and timely pieces due to her hard efforts at school (which is also preventing me from popping the big question so she can focus and her profession). Anyway, this is just my way of trying to reward her early for all the hardwork she puts into her future as well as our relationship.

Thanks again! I hope to enjoy reading through (and possibly posting) through this forum.

-James

Hi James, glad you decided to post for the first time! :biggrin:

You sound like a fantastic BF - your GF is very lucky. :smile:

Is she a member of tPF, too?

So, are you looking for the perfect bag to give her, as a gift?

No, she is not a member. She isn't the type to read forums, so I'm a little safe with my identity atleast. :biggrin: And, I'm a part of a few automotive forums, so I am used to looking threw threads and what not

The first bag I purchased for her was I believe in '04 or '05 Louis Vuitton Monogram Alma w/ matching Cosmetic Pouch and Damier Key and Change Holder.

Since then she has purchased/received:
-Vintage Classic Monogrammed Blue Gucci Purse
-Cole Haan Navy Genevieve Small Triangle Tote
-Blue Monogram Gucci Speedy
-LV Borneo Green Epi Keepall 55

She has since retired (and by retire I mean overly used due to the weight of her books :sweatdrop:) a Blue monogram Coach Messenger bag which she has used strictly for carrying books for school.

She has been a fan of Balenciaga for the past 4 years (in particular a Black City) and I felt that I would try my best to find one to her liking as her first BBag (and of course something I could afford). Luckily, I am fortunate enough to live by Woodbury Commons Outlets and purchased a Black Balenciaga Matelasse Medium Arena Bag. It is gorgeous! Reminscent of a Chanel 2.55 but with a bit of Bal's edginess which she appreciates. My cousin helped me find it since she owns a 2.55 herself;as well as, a fan of the City, she felt it was a good mix between Classic and the "rawness" which I suppose Bal's are known for.

My girlfriend's birthday is in 2 weeks, and I can't wait to give her her present. :yahoo:So, when that happens I'll let you know of her reaction.

Thanks for the greetings chloe!

also for the future, I'd like to keep my mind open to other brands/handbags that would interest her taste since I have grown to know her style in handbags, hence why I figure I'd sign up for future gifts.

And also I caught on a bit with buying designer bags as I have bought myself an Epi Kenyan Fawn Keepall 55, hopefully in the future I'll own a LV Messenger Bag for work. :P

BF_OfABagholic you must meet my boyfriend :P and be best friends with him and tell him about the great world of girls and their love to handbags :lol:

it's so sweet of you to do that for your girlfriend :tender:
:welcome2:

My girlfriend means a lot to me so I always want to give her the best that I can give her, so atleast here i know what i should spend, how i should spend and what to look for in regards to handbags and possibly anything else.

thanks again for the warm welcome! :biggrin:

Wow! You even know the exact names of the bag she owns! :smile: I suggest do a lot of research online... I always tend to get all my bags through the internet. MY BF finds me great deals [he has longer patience when it comes to finding coupons, etc]... I got a Givenchy, Ferragamo and a Fendi all for under $1000 from June-July. :smile:

Good choice joining this forum. Hope you get all the advice you need.

Wow! You even know the exact names of the bag she owns! :smile: I suggest do a lot of research online... I always tend to get all my bags through the internet. MY BF finds me great deals [he has longer patience when it comes to finding coupons, etc]... I got a Givenchy, Ferragamo and a Fendi all for under $1000 from June-July. :smile:

Good choice joining this forum. Hope you get all the advice you need.

haha.. i'm actually the same way with my GF.. i have the patience to look online for deals, see if things are authentic and research what fake ones look like. I also have had a couple of friends in fashion so i've managed to get some pretty good discounts ... we got her LV Alma for 600 from the LV store a while back ago... and couple of my other friends who work in the city give me the heads up on designer sample sales.. so i'm always keeping an eye out for what my GF would want.. i don't spoil her.. but i'll get something if it's that good of a deal and save it for a special occassion like surprise :biggrin:

and yea i know a lot about bags now come to think of it.. haha

No, she is not a member. She isn't the type to read forums, so I'm a little safe with my identity atleast. :biggrin: And, I'm a part of a few automotive forums, so I am used to looking threw threads and what not

The first bag I purchased for her was I believe in '04 or '05 Louis Vuitton Monogram Alma w/ matching Cosmetic Pouch and Damier Key and Change Holder.

Since then she has purchased/received:
-Vintage Classic Monogrammed Blue Gucci Purse
-Cole Haan Navy Genevieve Small Triangle Tote
-Blue Monogram Gucci Speedy
-LV Borneo Green Epi Keepall 55

She has since retired (and by retire I mean overly used due to the weight of her books :sweatdrop:) a Blue monogram Coach Messenger bag which she has used strictly for carrying books for school.

She has been a fan of Balenciaga for the past 4 years (in particular a Black City) and I felt that I would try my best to find one to her liking as her first BBag (and of course something I could afford). Luckily, I am fortunate enough to live by Woodbury Commons Outlets and purchased a Black Balenciaga Matelasse Medium Arena Bag. It is gorgeous! Reminscent of a Chanel 2.55 but with a bit of Bal's edginess which she appreciates. My cousin helped me find it since she owns a 2.55 herself;as well as, a fan of the City, she felt it was a good mix between Classic and the "rawness" which I suppose Bal's are known for.

My girlfriend's birthday is in 2 weeks, and I can't wait to give her her present. :yahoo:So, when that happens I'll let you know of her reaction.

Thanks for the greetings chloe!

My pleasure, BFOAB. :biggrin:

I'm sure she'll love it! :tup: