New here...debating between black or charcoal gray GSH...

reesecup

Jan 16, 2009
Hi there!

I am new to the forum. I held a Balenciaga for the first time a few weeks ago, and the rest is history. I am officially gaga for Balenciaga! For my first purchase, I am thinking of either a black or charcoal gray City with GSH. I am leaning more toward charcoal. On the Balenciaga website, there does not seem to be too much difference in color. Can anybody comment on the subtle difference between these 2? Thanks so much! I have been loving everybody's photos too!

When you see the two in person, the black will definitely be a black whereas the charcaol will be a dark grey.. the difference is less subtle when the black is not as saturated or it is too dry in which case it may seem more grey... Try to stay away from dry leather in general if you can....i have a black 09 that isn't veiny and was saturated but because the leather was on the dry side to begin with.. i noticed today after more use, it looked less black than it used to... I'm going to moisturize it today which will help for the time being...but on the whole if you start out with a dry bag, you will have to continue to moisturize from time to time.