New here...can you help me choose my first 2 bags!

Noegirl05

:love:
Feb 4, 2007
Hi ladies... well I have decided to take the plunge and try and get 2 bal bags...

I am on the fence mostly on color and hardware but not style...

These will be my first bbags and I am wanted to get two that are practical for my lifestyle...

A little about me...

I am a mom of a 3 year old... I work in very professional setting. I LOVE big bags...I will use these bags for just carrying my things out and about. No books other than my agenda will be carried and no laptop either... I am 5"6 and around a size 10-12 with DD's haha... It has to be able to fit over my shoulder

So I have decided either a work or weekender(I am looking for insight on which is best for my needs) in anthracite or black with SGH.

Second choice is a courier... I like the idea of a cross body bag and I need a nice one... it will be great for outings with my daughter and when it gets a little warmer and I don't need a coat to carry some of my things for work... I am thinking charbon in this since I wear a ton of greens and neutrals.

I have toyed with the brief but I am not sure

Any guidance or opionions would be great!

Thanks in advance

I think a weekender would be too big since all you're gonna put inside is just your agenda, wallet, phones keys etc, basically no big items. Work is a great size though! I'm looking at your wishlist and i'll go with either anthracite SGH or black SGH. Both are really versatile colours.

I agree that a weekender would be too big for the few things you will carry in it. The work sounds more appropriate. Black w/ SGH is a fantastic combination, the silver just pops against the black!

Since the Courier is going to be infinitely more casual, how about a bright colour like Mandarin, it will still go with your greens and browns, but add some colour. If the colour is just too bright for a big bag, then I think Charbon is a winner and you have both black and brown covered ... then your third bag can be a bright colour! You may not know you are getting a third bag yet, but once you get the first two, it's just a slippery slope!

Welcome to Balenciaga!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Thanks ladies... I guess the work it is! I like the idea of the Giant hardware with this bag a lot!
Bridget... I think I already know the slippery slope well as I drool excessively when I see bbags in the store and think of them often lol... I definately see your point to adding color... I despirately want a vert gazon or a bag in a green shade... it's definately my favorite color... maybe if I can still find one in that color though...

Evergreen was a deep, forest green and wasn't super popular when it came out, it's very possible you could still find one! If you post in the shopping section, the ladies often come through with sitings!

I know Saks had a City or Parttime with GCH perforated in a dark green still when I was there today.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Thank you! I am going to do some research tomorrow... I am definatel sold on the charbon carrier though!!! The work I am still deciding on black or anthracite!

You should think about a Mid Day. We are the same size and I love it. You can wear it on your shoulder or carry on the arm. It fit me and my stuff so much better than a Work, which I just haven't been able to make "work" for me!!
And p.s. I LOVE my Weekender. It's not an every day bag for me, but once in a while if I am carrying a lot and always for overnight or weekend get aways!!
I have both of the above in anthracite SGH and they are gorgeous!

Hi Noegirl, I agree with juldoc.
I've just purchased a 09 CGH anthra Mid Day and it's lush. (Posted in the Mid Day section.) The size is roomy, enough for a laptop and your other essentials. Plus, the shape is feminine and it looks really business-like. I also love the work as it is what it says: a work bag. These bags should fit over the shoulders quite comfortably.
My preference is for anthra over black because it's a dark neutral colour: grey with subtle blue undertones. And it's gorg with SGH. In low light it can easily look black too. However, I've heard that 09 black is fabulous, therefore a vintage season for black, making it very collectable ;)
About the courier. IDK... Although it's great that it fits cross body, you need to know that it'll draw attention to your DDs :roflmfao:. If you're not shy, then go for it. It's good that you're opting for a subtle charbon colour. BTW there's a pic of a well-endowed wearer in the Messengers/Hobos/Couriers section. She's wearing a flat messenger cross body and you really notice her DDs. And that's not a bad thing...
PS, let us know how you get on and, when you've made your purchase, please post some modelling shots :yes: