New here, but would appreciate some insight...

marengo

Feb 10, 2009
Hello All,
I'm new here, found you all because I am trying to find out why my listing was pulled on eBay... If you could shed some light on this problem, I'd be very grateful!

I listed an authentic (came with my LV bag many years ago) Dust Bag on eBay. It was pulled within minutes and I was charged with compliance failure. I have 100% FB, and guard it carefully! Why is listing a dust bag such an issue? :confused1:

I'm really not trying to cause trouble, just need to understand this as it has me very frustrated!

Thanks in advance your your help!

Think of it like this:
If you were selling fake tags with a brand name on them that looked like a price tag for a specific bag, someone could buy it to use it on a fake bag to make it look more 'real and authentic'. Same thing could be assumed if someone bought your dust bag and then pictured a fake bag with the "authentic" dust bag to make someone more believing in it's authenticity.

I guess my mind just doesn't work that way! I tend to be honest to a fault and can't imagine anyone doing things like that. But, that raises the question of why my listing was pulled and another (140297520850) was allowed to finish?

I guess my mind just doesn't work that way! I tend to be honest to a fault and can't imagine anyone doing things like that. But, that raises the question of why my listing was pulled and another (140297520850) was allowed to finish?

Same reason why loads of authentic bags are pulled but obvious fakes are left on and sell = eBay is crap!! :smile:

Well, guess it's time to just accept the situation and move on... Any suggestions on where I might have luck and what I should ask for a mint dust bag for a medium speedy, I have absolutely no idea? (I realize this board has a policy of no WTS, WTB, and that is not my intention with this question...)

Thanks

Believe it or not, I just got off the phone with eBay's "customer service" (what a load of crap that call was :cursing:) because the same thing happened to me today... on a Dooney & Bourke no less!

What everyone's saying is correct. It's considered "trademark infringement." I have a Juicy Couture dustbag a friend gave me and it was in the background of the picture. I'm including it in the sale, even though that wasn't mentioned anywhere in the listing.

Someone saw that damn crown logo and reported me. Meh.

That's just the way the 'bay works.. no rhyme or reason...