New here, B bag question

Vector

Jul 21, 2010
My wife recently had quite a bit of her prized accessories stolen during a move, and one of the handbags that was taken was her B bag. So, I'm trying to make her feel better about the whole mess. Her original B bag was cream canvas with gold metallic b buckles, and she absolutely loved that one. However, I can not track down a replacement for it as it seems that style has come and gone. I actually can't find any B bags at Saks or Neiman Marcus (I have no Fendi store even remotely close to me). Are B bags not being made anymore? In any event, I did find a boutique that has this B bag for sale:

D7122237.jpg

Does anyone here know when this exact style came out? I'm wondering how long this bag has been for sale. Was it part of a spring/summer collection? Is there a website out there that shows pictures of every B bag made with the original MSRP? Thanks for the help!

i have not seen this B bag in the stores the passed few years, i think the internet marketplaces may be your best bet in trying to hunt one down. I did see that yoogi's closet had a few B bags on their site, but they do not have the one you have pictured. Good luck! you are a great hubby for doing this for her!

I believe the B Bags came out in 2007 & 2008 primarily. I believe they are no longer available at FENDI, but you can always check, sometimes they have one in inventory somewhere on the Globe that they can get for you. Occasionally preowned ones in good condition come up on Ebay or you can purchase from a recommended reseller. The canvas one with green, just very very rare though. Don't believe I have seen that one up for sale before.

Good Luck!

Thanks for all of your input! I forgot about the Fendi outlet stores. There is a Fendi outlet in Orlando, and it's the closest one to me; I will give them a call and see if they happen to have the bag she use to have.

My wife's B bag was actually cream canvas with metallic gold B buckles, and it seems pretty hard to get a hold of. The picture of the wicker and Green python B bag is one that I came across at a private boutique; This one however sounds more rare than the B bag she use to own? I believe this B bag looks like a larger version though?

Perhaps I will just end up getting her one that wasn't original. It sounds like B bags are going to be hard to track down in any style. I'll let you guys know which style I get her. Thanks!

You can also try calling the Fendi outlets, there is one in San Marcos, TX and another in Woodbury Commons in NY. Sometimes they carry old bags.

I was at the Fendi outlet in Woodybury about a month ago - they had lots of bags, but no B bags.

You can check eBay also, but before buying, post pics here in the Authenticate This Fendi thread, because there were fakes of that style: http://forum.purseblog.com/fendi/authenticate-fendi-please-read-rules-use-format-post-590716.html

So I purchased a B bag replacement for my wife, though it’s not the style she originally had. I got her the large wicker and green python embroidered B bag pictured above that I had my eye on. Hopefully she likes it as I think it’s a lot better than her original. Thanks for all your input and help with the B bag!

Now to find a replacement spy bag for her….

congrats! i hope she loves it.

what color spy bag are you looking for? i'm sure a few of us here wouldnt mind keeping on the look out for you.

So I purchased a B bag replacement for my wife, though it’s not the style she originally had. I got her the large wicker and green python embroidered B bag pictured above that I had my eye on. Hopefully she likes it as I think it’s a lot better than her original. Thanks for all your input and help with the B bag!

Now to find a replacement spy bag for her….

I honestly don’t know what type of Spy Bag I will get her. Her last spy bag was Brown Nappa Leather. I know she would have preferred a different color though; when she initially bought it, she had a lack of options in the color department. I’m sure she would like something colorful, especially green, blue, yellow, orange, cream, or combos of those colors (If Fendi ever made them in those colors that is). I’ve been scoping out Ebay and came across a spy bag in green, but it was damaged. I’ll likely just scope out the market for a while until I find that perfect one for her as it seems the spy bag styles are vast.