New here and new to Tano. Hello!

arobin

Newly Bag Obsessed
Aug 20, 2008
I'm not what one would call a purse fanatic, mainly because I can't afford anything I truly fall in love with (Balenciaga *sigh*)- until today.

How could I have never run into a Tano bag before? I stumbled upon them searching for a laptop bag, and while the GRAPE BOOGIE I just bought won't work for my laptop - Oh well!

I'm reading through threads and excited to see the new possiblities of colors and styles coming out soon. These are my dream bags and not only can I afford them, I can maybe afford TWO or THREE!

Can you tell I'm happy?

Anyway, my main questions is.. where do you usually purchase your Tanos? I snagged my Grape Boogie on ebay this morning because it was sold out everywhere else I looked.
(Oops, just saw the thread on Tano shops (d'oh), still not sure were the "three fer" is though.)

Where is this "three fer" I keep hearing about in other threads?

Thanks much ladies, I'm pretty sure the world has another Tano addict as of today.

--April

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! I've only been into Tano for a few months now but I can tell you it has been a wonderful journey and everyone here is so friendly and helpful! I have no stores in my area that carry Tano so I shop with MustHaveBag, LunaBoston and ThatsOurBag websites. They have a great selection and good customer service.

And I have a Grape Boogie too! Congrats, she is fabulousness on your shoulder!

Welcome arobin! Congratulations on your grape boogie! And yes, ebay probably is the only place that has them right now since it appears that the three most popular, reputable online etailers are out: musthavebag, thatsourbag, lunaboston. I've recently bought a few Tanos off of ebay as well because of the live.com cashback which in my mind, the risk of not being able to return was worth it in lieu of 25% cashback (which is unfortunately 15% now the last I looked). Remember that lunaboston has the 20% grechen code and also that MHB will price match an exact item if you send them a link (not sure if thatsourbag has any discount codes).
Here's a link to the three fer from MHB. It is a smaller (Tano doesn't truly have tiny bags) bag with handles and a shoulder/cross body option. The girls looking at this bag want a lightweight bag for quick errands, etc.

http://www.musthavebag.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=336&category=0

Welcome to TPF and TANO! A grape boogie... my oh my you've started out big! Great color and the traditional, seasonal favorite is the boogie! You will have to join the boogie lovers club after you get yours! Definitely poke your head around these threads, you will see tons of stuff coming up in crunch and velvet leathers as well as new styles for the holiday season! It's all very exciting, heck we're already discussing the spring '09 colors too!!!

And yes, they are very affordable in comparison to MANY other designer brands. You can also sometimes find stellar deals on older bags (2005 was a great year!) on ebay and we post about these often in the ebay sticky!

Good luck poking around and have fun!!! We love having you here! :biggrin:

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Check out our thread about where to shop but read through it carefully....

If you read through the most active threads here you'll find out pretty quickly where most of us Tano-ites like to buy our bags!!!

Glad to see you here!!!

:tpfrox:
:tpfrox:

Thanks all of you ladies - very helpful!

Lol, i'm such a winner. I thought the "thee Fer" was some kind of deal for 3 bags from a particular website.

I have to get used to these names. I thought 'Available Next Week" was .. ya know... available next week! :noggin:

arobin, depending on the size of your laptop, the Boogie might work. I can carry my daughter's macbook in my Boogie very easily. And welcome! I agree, this has the sweetest and most helpful people here! Not to mention a terrific sense of humor (very important, in my book!).

Welcome arobin!! :welcome2: I am relatively new here, myself, and I love it here!! Tanos are highly addictive, so be careful! :smile: I, too, have a small bag budget, which is another reason I love Tano!! Feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy that grape Boogie!!! :smile:

Welcome to the Tano thread! Great choice on the grape boogie! I think it's easier to find tano bags online vs. stores because tano handbags are usually not sold in retail stores like nords/e-luxury/sak/etc.

Welcome arobin! I'm a new Tano-ite as well and just got my first yesterday - a pomegranate sexbomb. :tender: Gotta love these names!

I'm still learning all the new names and sometimes I still have to do a double take to figure out if that is the name of the bag or a reference to something of some kind. lol

You'll have to post photos of your grape boogie! That is my next purchase. Congrats!