New H wallet or Save for a Bag?

Hi, I wanted to add my point of view. I totally agree on the fact that if you like the wallet, then get it. The main reason would be that you already purchased one, and exchanged it, and tried to get another. However, my experience proved me that wallets are pieces we change more often than bags. We chose them often according to our wallet-needs, and when they do not anymore fulfill them, we change. With the prices of the Hermès wallets, it is always sad if the wallet sits in the closet and stays unused...
And of course the deciding argument over and above any other, is that it has to make your heart sing, like others said!
Good luck on deciding!

antchulina - great point about changing out a wallet based on needs. Come to think about it, I have never re-used a wallet once I've switched it out but then again, I have only ever owned inexpensive wallets.

Jadeite - I'm learning that patience is a virtue - especially when it comes to H!!!

You can always keep an eye out on H.com--wallets and Victoria bag pop up now and then! I have the same dilemma in that I "want" a new wallet (there's nothing wrong with my current one) but I also want a new bag eventually. The K wallet that I want costs almost just as much as an Evelyne. My DH asked me if I need a wallet when I could have a bag. I know what he means and of course I don't "need" a wallet but I do want one very badly. :P

Hey jyyanks, to throw in my 2 cents - I have a Kelly longue wallet in black chevre and I really like having it. It is as one poster says a touch of H luxury every day; it also adds a touch of H in your non-H bags. I would LOVE to have one in a beautiful colour.

That said, why not just treat your credit as something that makes you ready for unexpected serendipity? Any time you are in an H store there is the chance you'll fall in love and it will be that much easier to pick that piece up - WHATEVER it may be. I have a CDC credit and I am just pleased to have it til the right CDC comes along, or there is a scarf I must have, or I suddenly decide I want one of the lower-priced bags.

HonHon - you are right in that taste changes quite often so it's better to make sure I see an item as a long term investment that I won't tire of too soon.

Fabfashion - you and I are in the same boat. I've been checking H.com and scored a BE bastia but haven't seen a wallet pop up in a color that I like

QuelleFromage - great advice as always! I always find the best items when I'm not looking or when I don't have the money. It's when I'm specifically looking for something that I don't find anything! The best things in life pop up unexpectedly so it's great advice to keep the credit for when that H item comes along.

Here's my update. I went to Greenwich today and met the most lovely SA ever. Seriously, I think we have the same taste and I think I will be going to Greenwich more often. While I love Madison, I always feel rushed when I'm there. She showed me a bunch of wallets and a Victoria in a dusty blue. Although the Victoria was lovely and I almost bought it, I realized that I wanted a wallet more and that the bag could wait. Ultimately I decided that I had to have a Blue wallet and the combo I got was perfect - Blue Saphire with Blue Izmir lining. She also helped me get a lovely scarf that I posted in the "your Most recent H purchase" thread.

All in all, I'm really happy and now my next purchase is definitely a Victoria in some type of Blue. Thank you all for the advice.

Attachments

• azap silkin outside.jpg
    azap silkin outside.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 178
  • azap silin inside.jpg
    azap silin inside.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 181
Congratulations for finding a wallet you love. Silk in long wallet is one of my favourite among my H wallets. Blue saphir is such a saturated blue.

Best of luck with the hunt for victoria ! Enjoy in the best of health!

Congratulations! First, on finding a great SA, and secondly, the silk'in! I've been lusting over these in the last few weeks (I think it will be my next purchase too!). Enjoy!

Congrats !!! Was looking for a wallet and I love yours. Gives me an idea about what I might want.

Thank you Jhoshopgirl!! There are many choices and as you can see from my saga, they might not all be available at once. Make sure you hold out for the one that makes your heart sing.

Congratulations for finding a wallet you love. Silk in long wallet is one of my favourite among my H wallets. Blue saphir is such a saturated blue.

Best of luck with the hunt for victoria ! Enjoy in the best of health!

Thank you bagalogist! Blue Saphir is gorgeous. I passed on a bag that was this color but now I have it in a wallet :smile: The Victoria they had was Colbert and it was a gorgeous but I love deep or bright blues and I learned from this forum, to be patient for the right item to come along!

Bravo! an awesome one! Enjoy, my dear!

Thank you Anfang!

Congratulations! First, on finding a great SA, and secondly, the silk'in! I've been lusting over these in the last few weeks (I think it will be my next purchase too!). Enjoy!

I think was more excited about the SA than the wallet :smile: There are so many beautiful designs but you have to see them in person - it makes a world of a difference! Good Luck in your hunt.

I would rather buy a bag since it lasts much longer than a wallet and especially since the price of H wallets is so high.
I agree, their wallets seem overpriced to me, bags seem to be better value. I also do not like big formats of wallets H mainly produces. For some bags they r just too big. If you really want a specific bag go for it. You can get another designer wallet at a fraction of the price.