New H Policy

HPassion

May 3, 2014
SA is required to remove all protective wraps on handles, straps and protective stickers from the bag in front of the client! Guess they're trying to prevent client from reselling the bag.

I think this has been pretty standard practice outside the US (at least on those occasions when I have purchased overseas, the SA has routinely removed the plastic from bags and the tags from everything else), so perhaps H is just bringing all markets into line with the same purchase procedure. I agree, if this is an attempt to deter resellers, it seems feeble.

If this is true, just another ridiculous policy that will alienate good clients. I have a thing about removing the vellum. It is a process for me to remove them....MYSELF!

I think this has been pretty standard practice outside the US (at least on those occasions when I have purchased overseas, the SA has routinely removed the plastic from bags and the tags from everything else), so perhaps H is just bringing all markets into line with the same purchase procedure. I agree, if this is an attempt to deter resellers, it seems feeble.

it is not standard practice anywhere. all my store bought H bags and wallets had their stickers intact across Europe and Asia and US.

I've never had an SA remove anything protective from the bag unless I asked them to.

What about the people who like to leave plastic on their hardware? It's bad for the HW but surely is the owner's prerogative.

I'm in Europe and nobody has ever taken the stickers off my bags at the store: how ridiculous!

Also we have 1 month to return items, so how can you return a bag without stickers??

My friend bought a bag in Hong Kong today. SA said its a new policy (at least in Hong Kong). SA claimed that they have to show the client there are no scratches on the parts that are covered.

it is not standard practice anywhere. all my store bought H bags and wallets had their stickers intact across Europe and Asia and US.

Okay; nevertheless, I have had it done, without any indication that it was unusual, at several non-US stores. And the removal of scarf tags in non-US boutiques has been observed by others. But your superior knowledge is duly noted.
I understand that it is fun to unveil a new bag or bracelet or what-have-you by removing the various protective components oneself, but, the apparent fury this "policy" (if indeed, it turns out to be a new and inviolable policy--as yet, it is only anecdotal) is a little bewildering to me. Flame away, all, but these are material goods, not fetish objects. Aside from social pressures upholding minimum standards of neatness and hygiene, I am unaware of any competition as to whose possessions are the most pristine.

Okay; nevertheless, I have had it done, without any indication that it was unusual, at several non-US stores. And the removal of scarf tags in non-US boutiques has been observed by others. But your superior knowledge is duly noted.
I understand that it is fun to unveil a new bag or bracelet or what-have-you by removing the various protective components oneself, but, the apparent fury this "policy" (if indeed, it turns out to be a new and inviolable policy--as yet, it is only anecdotal) is a little bewildering to me. Flame away, all, but these are material goods, not fetish objects. Aside from social pressures upholding minimum standards of neatness and hygiene, I am unaware of any competition as to whose possessions are the most pristine.

dear Mindi B, I do not have superior knowledge at anything and never aimed to come across like that. I am mainly stating my experience. I don't read any fury here at all from the comments posted so far, more of bewilderment at the stupidity of this policy wherever it is enforced.

IMO probably not a good idea, must item come with sticker or tags for a reason so that if remove the customer will have a hard time returning an item. I worn a new H scarf today and took off the paper tag but keep it for treasure since it is my first H item into the fun world of H.... If this is the new policy, I guess I can't return my new H scarf if it did not work out for me. LOL I am loving my First H scarf on a nice spring day in NYC.