New Gucci 1955 Horsebit Bag

Joining in with red, here’s my Gucci Horsebit 1955 Shoulder Bag. :love: First picture is a good representation of the colour.
View attachment 5164958View attachment 5164957
Thank you for this picture!

First, I'm new here, so apologies if this is a dumb or annoying question. This is my first Gucci bag. I've ordered it in red and was feeling a tad regretful about not going with the brown monogram instead. I'm usually monogram-averse, but the more I see the brown monogram...the more in love with it I am, and I now have FOMO that I didn't order it. Can anyone tell me their thoughts? If you had to pick one, which one would you pick (red or brown monogram)? Both purses would go with my wardrobe (mostly neutrals and red is my favorite "pop of color" to use). Thanks in advance!

Reactions: More bags
Thank you for this picture!

First, I'm new here, so apologies if this is a dumb or annoying question. This is my first Gucci bag. I've ordered it in red and was feeling a tad regretful about not going with the brown monogram instead. I'm usually monogram-averse, but the more I see the brown monogram...the more in love with it I am, and I now have FOMO that I didn't order it. Can anyone tell me their thoughts? If you had to pick one, which one would you pick (red or brown monogram)? Both purses would go with my wardrobe (mostly neutrals and red is my favorite "pop of color" to use). Thanks in advance!
I felt the exact same. I ordered black instead of the monogram but I still kept thinking how gorgeous the monogram was. However, I know I won’t feel comfortable wearing monogram.

I think you should go with your gut. If you think you’ll wear the bag less because of the monogram then you should keep the leather. :smile:

I felt the exact same. I ordered black instead of the monogram but I still kept thinking how gorgeous the monogram was. However, I know I won’t feel comfortable wearing monogram.

I think you should go with your gut. If you think you’ll wear the bag less because of the monogram then you should keep the leather. :smile:

Ugh, the hard part here is that my gut is a finicky beast!! But you make a really good point about whether I'd wear the bag less... I'd say technically yes, because I couldn't wear it for dressier/professional events, since I associate the monogram with more casual life. But really my life is 99% casual anyway, and I have a couple nice black ghw-type bags that would work for those events already. So given that the purpose of this bag was as an "everyday" bag, I'm still stuck at the same point. Sorry if I'm rambling now :smile:

You would think seeing the monogram in so many advertisements/carried by influencers would deter me from it...but I think it's having the opposite effect! :shocked: I have skimmed enough threads to know that this is a controversial question but...anyone feel like the monogram will be "out of style" for this particular bag soon? Maybe that will help me curtail any regret I have about ordering the red leather. Also, I'm a new mom, so I'm questioning if the red leather will be harder to maintain than the canvas...

Thanks so much you guys!

Ugh, the hard part here is that my gut is a finicky beast!! But you make a really good point about whether I'd wear the bag less... I'd say technically yes, because I couldn't wear it for dressier/professional events, since I associate the monogram with more casual life. But really my life is 99% casual anyway, and I have a couple nice black ghw-type bags that would work for those events already. So given that the purpose of this bag was as an "everyday" bag, I'm still stuck at the same point. Sorry if I'm rambling now :smile:

You would think seeing the monogram in so many advertisements/carried by influencers would deter me from it...but I think it's having the opposite effect! :shocked: I have skimmed enough threads to know that this is a controversial question but...anyone feel like the monogram will be "out of style" for this particular bag soon? Maybe that will help me curtail any regret I have about ordering the red leather. Also, I'm a new mom, so I'm questioning if the red leather will be harder to maintain than the canvas...

Thanks so much you guys!

Since your lifestyle is mostly casual and you’re loving the monogram bag then I think you should go with it then! :smile: it’s such a gorgeous bag. Personally, I can’t see that bag going out of style since it already looks timeless even with the GG Supreme print.

Thanks so much you guys!

The sig-print is always and perennially popular.

I agree with @LexAeterna, get the one you think you would wear most and don't have to think about (this is in reverse to my decision process because I wanted something very different). The red leather is stunning, but the sig-print is cool too.

The sig-print is always and perennially popular.

I agree with @LexAeterna, get the one you think you would wear most and don't have to think about (this is in reverse to my decision process because I wanted something very different). The red leather is stunning, but the sig-print is cool too.

Thanks, papertiger! I thought about it, and decided I'd go with the red leather now because it truly is stunning, as you say, and goes with more of my wardrobe. Doubtful they will ever discontinue the monogram print, so if I really have FOMO and get good use out of the bag, I can buy that one later.

Thanks again for everyone's input! It's supposed to arrive at the end of this week!!!

After obsessing over the Jackie for months, I finally went to a Gucci store for the first time to see it in person. I loved it, but I ended up buying the Horsebit 1955 in monogram with brown trim instead. My first Gucci bag! Now I have to convince myself to actually use it, because I’ve never spent that kind of money on a bag before and am nervous I’ll ruin it the first day or something. :biggrin:

After obsessing over the Jackie for months, I finally went to a Gucci store for the first time to see it in person. I loved it, but I ended up buying the Horsebit 1955 in monogram with brown trim instead. My first Gucci bag! Now I have to convince myself to actually use it, because I’ve never spent that kind of money on a bag before and am nervous I’ll ruin it the first day or something. :biggrin:

Oh congrats!! That’s the exact same one that I have. I find that it’s pretty indestructible, and quite functional. Enjoy!

Reactions: More bags