New Gucci 1955 Horsebit Bag

Does anyone know if the new horsebit camera bag style will be able to fit a 500ml evian bottle? or if the original 1955 shoulder bag does?
In love with the bag but hesitant to pull the trigger if it doesn't fit lifestyle wise

Does anyone know if the new horsebit camera bag style will be able to fit a 500ml evian bottle? or if the original 1955 shoulder bag does?
In love with the bag but hesitant to pull the trigger if it doesn't fit lifestyle wise

Hi there! I have the Horsebit 1955 Shoulder Bag and I can fit a 300g water-repellent spray bottle inside (I do not have a water bottle with me). I hope this helps you out as a reference!

EC6C5DA3-FCC4-4DB4-B970-536DB1AB2EFE.jpeg

Has anyone gone to the store and tried this new bag on in person?

It's a "mini" version that comes with a fabric guitar strap and an adjustable leather strap!!!

Both mini and small are currently sold at the same price (CAD$3055 for canvas and CAD$3500 for leather)

• Mini size: 8.1"W x 5.7"H x 2"D
  • Small size: 9.8"W x 7"H x 3.1"D

I still haven't been able to pull the trigger with the Small size since the price increase but now am considering the Mini...

*photos screenshot from the Gucci site/keywords: Gucci 1955 Horsebit
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 8.00.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 8.09.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-01 at 8.10.25 PM.png <--- Mini vs Small --->Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 8.10.58 PM.png

It's a "mini" version that comes with a fabric guitar strap and an adjustable leather strap!!!

Both mini and small are currently sold at the same price (CAD$3055 for canvas and CAD$3500 for leather)

I still haven't been able to pull the trigger with the Small size since the price increase but now am considering the Mini...

View attachment 5042320

View attachment 5042328View attachment 5042329 <--- Mini vs Small --->View attachment 5042330

I bought my so-called Small as a preferable version of the H Constance (logo too big) or Celine Box Classic (tips-up on me). I am thinking of getting another but prob in the same size or the shoulder (camera) version not that I need another.

It's been so long since Gucci stores were open in my neck of the woods I haven't even had a chance to see these IRL (although my SA sent me secret pics - honour bound not to share).

I think the mini looks like a nice everyday X-over for cards/keys/phone irrespective of what other handheld is being carried. In a way I think it would get a chance to be worn more often and the longer strap will please most more (the Small would be too deep for a longer strap).

I bought my so-called Small as a preferable version of the H Constance (logo too big) or Celine Box Classic (tips-up on me). I am thinking of getting another but prob in the same size or the shoulder (camera) version not that I need another.

It's been so long since Gucci stores were open in my neck of the woods I haven't even had a chance to see these IRL (although my SA sent me secret pics - honour bound not to share).

I think the mini looks like a nice everyday X-over for cards/keys/phone irrespective of what other handheld is being carried. In a way I think it would get a chance to be worn more often and the longer strap will please most more (the Small would be too deep for a longer strap).

My province just went into another semi-lockdown again except Gucci stores are still open :P haha

I have the Box in Small (my pic, :graucho: lol) and been wanting another boxy bag that's closer to the Medium size which is why I'm considering the Gucci 1955 in Small (and I just love the monogram!!). The Mini size in this bag is only an inch taller and wider than the Box which reassures me just how small it is...if I'm lucky I might be able to fit my phone in but not much else. I do like how the strap is attached to the bag by metal clasps instead of non-removable leather directly on metal if you know what I mean coz I do worry the leather might wear off overtime from moving/bending around the metal. I do, however, like the length of the Small as a crossbody since I prefer my bag sitting above my hips (I'm 5'8 - tried it on and loved it!) ...decisions decisions hmmmmmm

Reactions: papertiger
My province just went into another semi-lockdown again except Gucci stores are still open :P haha

I have the Box in Small (my pic, :graucho: lol) and been wanting another boxy bag that's closer to the Medium size which is why I'm considering the Gucci 1955 in Small (and I just love the monogram!!). The Mini size in this bag is only an inch taller and wider than the Box which reassures me just how small it is...if I'm lucky I might be able to fit my phone in but not much else. I do like how the strap is attached to the bag by metal clasps instead of non-removable leather directly on metal if you know what I mean coz I do worry the leather might wear off overtime from moving/bending around the metal. I do, however, like the length of the Small as a crossbody since I prefer my bag sitting above my hips (I'm 5'8 - tried it on and loved it!) ...decisions decisions hmmmmmm

I think trying them on is the only way. I do love this bag, whichever size

• Love
Reactions: skyqueen and VSUVUS

View attachment 5042320

View attachment 5042328View attachment 5042329 <--- Mini vs Small --->View attachment 5042330
I really loved the mini version! Haven't seen in IRL yet, the malls are supposed to open again next week here, so maybe i'll check in person.
The regular version didn't really look nice on me since I like to wear my bags close to my chest. So the mini might be perfect!

Reactions: VSUVUS
I really loved the mini version! Haven't seen in IRL yet, the malls are supposed to open again next week here, so maybe i'll check in person.
The regular version didn't really look nice on me since I like to wear my bags close to my chest. So the mini might be perfect!

Please post mod shots and height reference!! tyty

I, too, like to wear my crossbody higher but I didnt find the reg version too chunky on me so it really is a tough choice for me

Reactions: jaschultze
UPDATE!

I went to the store and tried on both sizes today and here is what I came back with...spoiler alert...I bought one(!) but I still need help deciding which size is better...:doh: (for reference I'm 5'8)

pic 1 - Mini with both the guitar strap and the leather strap (guitar strap can be adjusted to be quite long)
9A5E164A-12B7-4688-A2DC-6809AAE229EE.JPG

pic 2 - Mini with leather strap on a longer setting(Left-can't remember if it was the longest) and the shortest setting(Right)
61361182-FF69-47C0-8C5C-ED77B442F568.JPG

pic 3 - Small (or Regular) on the longest setting
160B024B-A2BE-4422-B689-0F8F6678FB16.JPG

pic 4- Small on the Left; Mini on the Right
IMG_5917.jpg

And here are the Pros and Cons imo...

Mini Pros:
2 removable straps; much roomier than expected. I can easily fit my phone (iPhone XR w/ a chunky OtterBox case), a small wallet (although the SA was able to fit a long wallet in there), LV 6key holder plus room for more small items like lip balm, hand lotion, sanitizer etc and maybe even a small sunglasses case; more length options on both straps especially when you might need to wear the bag crossbody over a thick winter coat

Mini Cons: lining isn't as luxurious as the Small (Small has suede lining whereas the Mini has linen-like lining); no compartments inside but personally I feel like this allows the bag to carry more which is a good thing

Small Pros: basically all the opposite of all the Mini's Cons

Small Cons: strap length setting is limited and non-removable and as I mentioned in my previous post, I worry the leather-wrapped -around-metal method of attachment will cause the leather to wear off and possibly break eventually; the snap buttons on the strap can be caught on long hair (it did on mine when I was trying the bag on); although the bag has multiple compartments on the inside it does not seem to fit more other than fitting something longer (width wise)

Now I'm happy to live with all the Cons in the Small if that's the one I go with as it is the size I originally wanted (plus I have a lot of mini size bags) but the Mini is just soooo precious and will also be practical for my needs so what do you think? Help a gal out here. TY

UPDATE!

I went to the store and tried on both sizes today and here is what I came back with...spoiler alert...I bought one(!) but I still need help deciding which size is better...:doh: (for reference I'm 5'8)

pic 1 - Mini with both the guitar strap and the leather strap (guitar strap can be adjusted to be quite long)
View attachment 5054747

pic 2 - Mini with leather strap on a longer setting(Left-can't remember if it was the longest) and the shortest setting(Right)
View attachment 5054748

pic 3 - Small (or Regular) on the longest setting
View attachment 5054749

pic 4- Small on the Left; Mini on the Right
View attachment 5054750

And here are the Pros and Cons imo...

Mini Pros:
2 removable straps; much roomier than expected. I can easily fit my phone (iPhone XR w/ a chunky OtterBox case), a small wallet (although the SA was able to fit a long wallet in there), LV 6key holder plus room for more small items like lip balm, hand lotion, sanitizer etc and maybe even a small sunglasses case; more length options on both straps especially when you might need to wear the bag crossbody over a thick winter coat

Mini Cons: lining isn't as luxurious as the Small (Small has suede lining whereas the Mini has linen-like lining); no compartments inside but personally I feel like this allows the bag to carry more which is a good thing

Small Pros: basically all the opposite of all the Mini's Cons

Small Cons: strap length setting is limited and non-removable and as I mentioned in my previous post, I worry the leather-wrapped -around-metal method of attachment will cause the leather to wear off and possibly break eventually; the snap buttons on the strap can be caught on long hair (it did on mine when I was trying the bag on); although the bag has multiple compartments on the inside it does not seem to fit more other than fitting something longer (width wise)

Now I'm happy to live with all the Cons in the Small if that's the one I go with as it is the size I originally wanted (plus I have a lot of mini size bags) but the Mini is just soooo precious and will also be practical for my needs so what do you think? Help a gal out here. TY

I think they both look really good on you but the strap lenght on the mini is better.

This is such a timely discussion! After lusting after the small for months in the Brown Sugar color, I finally caved and bought it. It's a beautiful bag but I don't think it works for me. I keep feeling like the shoulder strap slips off my shoulder (unless it softens considerably with wear) and it's too bulky to easily wear crossbody. Problem is, I misread the return policy so now I have a $2700 credit at Gucci.

Am I wrong in thinking the mini would solve both my problems (along with getting a guitar strap to boot)? I'd be looking at the leather options, since I already have the Ophidia Dome Crossbody in the logo canvas. Advice welcome, especially from those who have seen these bags in person.

Last edited:
Reactions: papertiger
I've actually been using it every day for the quick errands, that are the only outings I really have these days, because it makes me happy. Surprisingly, I've found it's perfect for those quick jaunts when hopping in and out of the car. It's weight when full keeps it comfortably on my shoulder, and it's so easy to get in and out of the front pocket for my mask or phone when popping in and out of stores. And it elevates anything I'm wearing, which is usually super-casual these days.
This is reassuring. I was having trouble keeping it on my shoulder and thought it meant I had to return this beautiful bag but I haven't tried it filled. Hopefully that will do the trick!

This is such a timely discussion! After lusting after the small for months in the Brown Sugar color, I finally caved and bought it. It's a beautiful bag but I don't think it works for me. I keep feeling like the shoulder strap slips off my shoulder (unless it softens considerably with wear) and it's bulky to easily wear crossbody. Problem is, I misread the return policy so now I have a $2700 credit at Gucci.

Am I wrong in thinking the mini would solve both my problems (along with getting a guitar strap to boot)? I'd be looking at the leather options, since I already have the Ophidia Dome Crossbody in the logo canvas. Advice welcome, especially from those who have seen these bags in person.

Try the mini instead

I've been using the Small as X-body, and although short still fine. It is undoubtedly supposed to be a shoulder bag though.

Reactions: jaschultze