New Gucci 1955 Horsebit Bag

Oh I know that feeling...always so paranoid lol I don’t own the bag yet but from I see in review videos and trying it on in person it does seem to stay closed even without a clasp. Also, it’s a bag that I’d imagine one wears close to body as in shoulder style under your arm or even when I tried it crossbody I would have the bag in the front (of the body) rather than back. The curve on the flap part definitely gives a bit of resistance so it stays curved down if you know what I mean. But I guess if you ever happen to drop the bag whether it will bust open or not is a whole other story :shocked:

Reactions: LexAeterna
Agreed! Unless you know for sure what you like and will only carry ie black purses only, it’s important to consider your current collection and your wish list

haha, I have the red Céline Box (small size) and want to get the monogram in this bag since I want a more casual everyday bag in a bigger size

Haha, always nice to see likeminded bag lovers :smile:
I know this is not a Celine thread, but may I ask what your tag/receipt says about the colour name and colour code? I’ve seen the codes 27ED and 27OR for red and I simply can’t find out if they’re different reds or what exactly the issue is there.
Already asked in the Classic Box Club, but so far no luck. TIA!

What are all your thoughts on how easy this bag might be opened since it doesn't have a clasp or magnetic closure :whut: I'm always afraid of my belongings falling out or someone reaching into my bag!

Sadly I haven’t been able to use the bag that much (with the lockdown going on etc.). But I can assure you, there’s no way someone could reach into the bag without you realizing. There’s no clasp or magnet, but you still have to put the front flap into place yourself.

Reactions: Hippolyta
Sadly I haven’t been able to use the bag that much (with the lockdown going on etc.). But I can assure you, there’s no way someone could reach into the bag without you realizing. There’s no clasp or magnet, but you still have to put the front flap into place yourself.
This is why I went for the camera bag version instead with the zippered top. I’ve had my wallet and / or cell phone stollen from my purse several times over the years so I only do zip tops now (at least for every day bags).

Last edited:
This is why I went for the camera bag version instead with the zippered top. I’ve had my wallet and / or cell phone stollen from my purse several times over the years so I only do zip tops now.

Oh, I totally understand your point.
Actually I’ve come to realize that I’m never concerned about zips/closures when deciding on a bag purchase. But then again I’ve never had my wallet/cellphone stolen from my purse. Guess that makes the difference.
I love your camera bag version by the way!

Reactions: mockey999
Oh, I totally understand your point.
Actually I’ve come to realize that I’m never concerned about zips/closures when deciding on a bag purchase. But then again I’ve never had my wallet/cellphone stolen from my purse. Guess that makes the difference.
I love your camera bag version by the way!
Thank you! I prefer the look of the shoulder bag but the camera style was the more practical choice for me.

Reactions: Sina08
Got the camera bag version and I love it! Only weird thing is the top can kinda pucker like in this picture. Is that normal for camera bags? I’ve never had one because I like external pockets... but this camera bag has one!
This happens especially if you wear the bag cross-body, which pushes the middle of the bag outwards and makes the top pucker like this.

Reactions: mockey999
Please help me choose between the Black and the GG Supreme version? I know I’m more likely going to wear the black one since it’s what makes my heart sing and I enjoy black, understated designs but I also really appreciate how beautiful and vintage-looking the monogram is. I’ve been in love with this bag for almost 2 years and I think it is my dream bag now!

Black, for the reasons you list

Haha, always nice to see likeminded bag lovers :smile:
I know this is not a Celine thread, but may I ask what your tag/receipt says about the colour name and colour code? I’ve seen the codes 27ED and 27OR for red and I simply can’t find out if they’re different reds or what exactly the issue is there.
Already asked in the Classic Box Club, but so far no luck. TIA!

oh actually I have no idea! Got mine from a friend so no receipt or any of the bits n pieces that usually come with a purchase other than the dust bag. I’ve only been told by people who own the bag that it’s the classic red... here’s a picture if it helps in any way... sorry

D9B0381B-EF7B-4667-9269-E4D93A0B9CF1.png

oh actually I have no idea! Got mine from a friend so no receipt or any of the bits n pieces that usually come with a purchase other than the dust bag. I’ve only been told by people who own the bag that it’s the classic red... here’s a picture if it helps in any way... sorry

Thanks anyway!

Back to Gucci 1955 now please, TY

Sorry for going off topic.

Reactions: papertiger