New Graffiti Cities

Yay no Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
Congrats on your find!
These old 2017 ones are sold out. But Nordstrom’s and the Bal boutiques have the new versions which are not as attractive - they have an Easter Egg color scheme (pastel pink, blue, aqua). The originals from last year were edgier and cooler. Sigh. View attachment 3926958
There's one of the original small City graffiti bags on eBay:

ww.ebay.com/itm/NWT-BALENCIAGA-Arena-Leather-Classic-City-Graffiti-Small-Bag/222785636411?hash=item33df0f083b:g:KlMAAOSwAaJaOEXO

Reactions: hermes_newbie
You KNOW ME !!! Yes, i really like the Tattoo Papier :nuts::nuts:. Need to see it IRL as i prefer soft calf leather to more structured type. Some part of me is hoping that it's structured leather, so i will not burn a hole in my pocket !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for posting all of these Pollie Jean! It’s taken a while for me to “warm up” to them but this afternoon i saw several in person again at NM. OMG, @peacebabe ...the mini Papier is SUPER COOL & TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!! Ugh, i kind of wanted it but i just can’t pull it off. But i know YOU can...:happydance:cmon, you’re my Papier soulmate!:graucho::coolio:

Reactions: Kendie26
You KNOW ME !!! Yes, i really like the Tattoo Papier :nuts::nuts:. Need to see it IRL as i prefer soft calf leather to more structured type. Some part of me is hoping that it's structured leather, so i will not burn a hole in my pocket !!! :lol::lol::lol:
:hugs::smooch: maybe we can buy 1 of the softer calf leather that you prefer...we buy it together/sharing expense & then we ship it back & forth to each other to share usage! :rolleyes::idea::biggrin:

Nay. The first one that came out was all right and a good attention grabber but then it got tired. While I think the ME and Blackout are worthy evolutions of the City, the Graffitis are not. More of a sacrilege actually. Even my kids know NEVER to do this to a Bal :P :lol:

As always, if you love it, throw the doubters and curmudgeons to the wind and carry on in pure bag bliss :flowers:

Reactions: cbarrus
This is not for me, but I'm old, LOL. Maybe as an addition to a collection it would be fun, but I would not have it as my only Balenciaga. Louis Vuitton did this eons ago, of course, but at that time it seemed fresh and new. Now, to me, it looks "been there and done that." I feel that way about a lot of recycled fashion if I lived through it the first time , LOL . Just my honest opinion, and if you love it, that's what matters :smile:

At first, I really didn't like this bag .. one bit. When I went to the Bal boutique and then Barneys .. and they kept on saying they were "SOLD OUT", I thought "What?!? .. how could that be". Then I saw the City S bag (4th one down from the top), and I thought it was cute and the designs were not so horrible (plus, I have to say .. the City S size is perfect for me right now).

Well, 'lo and behold .. saw one on eBay with a price that I could do, and *BOOM* .. I got it (also knowing that I could return if I didn't like it). I must say, I'm still kind of shocked that I really like it .. it's fun, playful .. and mind you, I'm no youngster either .. but for some odd reason, it just seems to go with my personality.

The new designs .. NOPE, don't like any of them, so this will be it for me ..
2017 3 - Graffiti City S.jpg

At first, I really didn't like this bag .. one bit. When I went to the Bal boutique and then Barneys .. and they kept on saying they were "SOLD OUT", I thought "What?!? .. how could that be". Then I saw the City S bag (4th one down from the top), and I thought it was cute and the designs were not so horrible (plus, I have to say .. the City S size is perfect for me right now).

Well, 'lo and behold .. saw one on eBay with a price that I could do, and *BOOM* .. I got it (also knowing that I could return if I didn't like it). I must say, I'm still kind of shocked that I really like it .. it's fun, playful .. and mind you, I'm no youngster either .. but for some odd reason, it just seems to go with my personality.

The new designs .. NOPE, don't like any of them, so this will be it for me ..
View attachment 3936992

It does look like your style. And, I do think it is pretty to look at. However, living on the West Coast, the fashion is a bit different than the East Coast Coast, no? I'm sure I "could" wear it if I wanted to, but you know me and my boring black, LOL.

It does look like your style. And, I do think it is pretty to look at. However, living on the West Coast, the fashion is a bit different than the East Coast Coast, no? I'm sure I "could" wear it if I wanted to, but you know me and my boring black, LOL.
Well, I'm originally from the East Coast (Connecticut & then MA - Boston), but yes .. I've always been more drawn to the 'downtown' look as opposed to the uptown look!

You are very right though, Cathy .. when I lived in Boston, one of the things that really drove me NUTS .. was the fact that the stores carried the following colors: Black, Grey, Brown .. and MAYBE (if lucky) a Tan or Taupe .. HATED THAT!!! I love color, so I can't even say how many times I had to "special" order the Bal Red's from ... guess??? .. yup, the Beverly Hills store (or Madison). There was a little boutique in Wellesley, MA .. that thankfully used to get some add'l colors, but if you didn't pounce on it immediately .. POOF, they were gone!

I do agree with you, I think the West Coast .. being so much more casual than the East Coast in general (even the South where I know you are), supports this type of look .. but I also know that the majority of these bags sold in NYC (according to my intel sources) .. which, again .. kind of makes sense.

As far as the # of black bags you have .. HA, can relate .. except for me .. it's RED bags!!! :hugs::drinks::lol:

Well, I'm originally from the East Coast (Connecticut & then MA - Boston), but yes .. I've always been more drawn to the 'downtown' look as opposed to the uptown look!

You are very right though, Cathy .. when I lived in Boston, one of the things that really drove me NUTS .. was the fact that the stores carried the following colors: Black, Grey, Brown .. and MAYBE (if lucky) a Tan or Taupe .. HATED THAT!!! I love color, so I can't even say how many times I had to "special" order the Bal Red's from ... guess??? .. yup, the Beverly Hills store (or Madison). There was a little boutique in Wellesley, MA .. that thankfully used to get some add'l colors, but if you didn't pounce on it immediately .. POOF, they were gone!

I do agree with you, I think the West Coast .. being so much more casual than the East Coast in general (even the South where I know you are), supports this type of look .. but I also know that the majority of these bags sold in NYC (according to my intel sources) .. which, again .. kind of makes sense.

As far as the # of black bags you have .. HA, can relate .. except for me .. it's RED bags!!! :hugs::drinks::lol:

I know because I lived in San Diego forever ago for a couple of years. We would tell people who were moving to the East that they needed to buy some real clothes first and ditch the Birkenstocks, LOL. I am sure if anyone in my area sold Balenciaga, we would see them here. I guess what drew me to the brand was that I never saw them on anyone else.

Dear Bal tPf:ers. I've been thinking about something, I think I've been letting my vit flow long enough concerning Gvasalia. I feel really bad mocking anything that anyone of you lovely ladies (and gents) here might like, have already bought or plan to buy.

So many here have been nothing but gracious and helpful to me, helping me navigate through the different colours and varying leather qualities of Bal. I really come here for the feel goods, fun, freedom of drama, bought-new-bag-what-will-it-look-like!??!-anxiety-release and shared love of beautiful bags and what goes with them. I'd rather be supportive of others here than risk hurting someones feelings over something as transient as simply having different styles and tastes.

Anyway, I'm glad you are all here :hbeat:
I :heart: tPF!

If I can't contain mysell- which is highly likely :amuse:- I'll just head over to the Just because it's designer... thread on the main forum.

Last edited:
Well said & i like what you said ! Im sure non of us here would like to hurt anyone's feeling intentionally. We just have different liking, taste & opinion of bags. :amuse::amuse::amuse:

Dear Bal tPf:ers. I've been thinking about something, I think I've been letting my vit flow long enough concerning Gvasalia. I feel really bad mocking anything that anyone of you lovely ladies (and gents) here might like, have already bought or plan to buy.

So many here have been nothing but gracious and helpful to me, helping me navigate through the different colours and varying leather qualities of Bal. I really come here for the feel goods, fun, freedom of drama, bought-new-bag-what-will-it-look-like!??!-anxiety-release and shared love of beautiful bags and what goes with them. I'd rather be supportive of others here than risk hurting someones feelings over something as transient as simply having different styles and tastes.

Anyway, I'm glad you are all here :hbeat:
I :heart: tPF!

If I can't contain mysell- which is highly likely :amuse:- I'll just head over to the Just because it's designer... thread on the main forum.