New Graffiti Cities

Yay no Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
HA - no worries!!

Hmmmm .. I would have to say that my absolute #1 favorite is the 2012 Holiday Edition Rouge Hamilton. The color is a true Red, and that leather is sublime. Other than that, another huge favorite is my 2007 Tomato. Now, here's the interesting thing .. I had always thought the '07 Tomato was more "orange-y", but imagine my shock when I compared it to my Coquelicot .. and they were the same!

So, IMO .. the main difference between Coquelicot (and I'm only speaking of the one from 2011 - as it was the 'clean' Red) and Red Lipstick, is that Red Lipstick is QUITE bright .. yes, even brighter than the Coquelicot! However, they are pretty close .. as seen by my picture below .. [Rouge Lipstick=Left, Coquelicot=Right] .. picture taken outside. View attachment 3791881
Wow! THANK YOU!!! :hugs:
I thought they might be this similar. This helps greatly.

Any idea what the "graffiti" is made of? Any chance it's "just" acrylic paint?

What if I put graffiti on my old bag? (I'm an artist on the side; and I sell acrylic paintings on canvas). Is that a horrid idea? [emoji23] it's just that I REALLY want a graffiti city but am broke as a joke ATM! (Starving artists, ya know) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
This makes a lot more sense actually and was my second thought looking through this thread my first was DESECRATION :mad: :smile:
What you're suggesting would be a much better idea. Giving old bags a new life, recycling, originality.

Reactions: ksuromax

What if I put graffiti on my old bag? (I'm an artist on the side; and I sell acrylic paintings on canvas). Is that a horrid idea? [emoji23] it's just that I REALLY want a graffiti city but am broke as a joke ATM! (Starving artists, ya know) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I love this idea !

I've actually had the same thought too after seeing this city in the store window! But alas, I'm not an artist. Was thinking of adding graffiti on my very dirty white weekender.

Saw grafitti bag irl.
Paint(yellow, top corners) appeared to be flaking off display.
Not thinking will last.
Hope helps.

Omg. That is sad!!!

(But happy for my wallet)

Were you able to take a photo?

Our local boutique is still doing their sale of the blanket mess bags (they can have a giveaway and still have no takers). No new arrivals out yet.

Reactions: remainsilly
If you're going to put graffiti on it make it interesting! - this needs something like a good batman bubble - KAPOW!! or THWACK!! Or maybe a tattoo type motif? Or something bikerish?There's so much you could do and all we have here is Balenciaga, Paris :oh: :sleepy:

Reactions: Pollie-Jean
If you're going to put graffiti on it make it interesting! - this needs something like a good batman bubble - KAPOW!! or THWACK!! Or maybe a tattoo type motif? Or something bikerish?There's so much you could do and all we have here is Balenciaga, Paris :oh: :sleepy:

You know how there's a small trend of being able to customize bags with patches and stickers or whatever (like with LV's new line where you get to choose what they paint on the bag)?

Imagine if they put out a "choose your own graffiti" service in Balenciaga. Hehe.

Better yet, why don't they sell the bags with a case of acrylic pens and leather sealant, and let the customer go to town on it? I'd be down for that. I'm sure a lot of artistic folks will want to showcase their "art" on social media :smile: