New girl here! First LV bag

angelasofia

Nov 1, 2009
Hi everyone! I'm so excited I just purchased my very first Louis Vuitton bag! So yeah, I wanted to tell someone! Anyway, I wanted to keep my budget under 1,000 and I wanted to get as big as I could get for that amount too. I'm a big bag lover and wanted something to double as a purse/overnight bag/future diaper bag. NOT that I would ever want to put formula bottles in it, I would never!

So I originally wanted the Monogrammed "Neverfull" MM or GM but my sis-in-law talked me out of it because she had one that she loaded down and the straps dug into her and really bothered her. Not that it bothers everyone, but I knew I'd be loading my bag down too and it may bother me. Then she suggested that I look at the Speedy which I really wouldn't have done if she hadn't told me because I was set on a shoulder bag. But when I saw the Speedy, it was love.

Gosh, this is longer than I wanted it to be, but I wanted to share my story.XXXXXX My husband just wasn't that enthusiastic of an audience but he tried. Anyway, the closest LV is in a Sak's an hour or so away so I went today and tried four bags just to make sure, things can change when you see them in person right? So I tried the Monogram Neverfull MM and GM and the Monogram Speedy 35 and 40. It was down to the 35 and 40. Yes, the 35 looked better on me because it was smaller and I'm kinda small myself. And yes, the 40 was too big. BUT, I like big! And I knew I'd regret it if I didn't just go for the 40. But all of the bags were just awesome. So now I just got done filling that sucker up and admiring myself. The sales girl even gave my 3 year old daughter a mini brown LV shopping bag with a small velvet pouch that says Louis Vuitton on it! How sweet! But yeah, sorry sweetie, momma's taking the pouch when you turn your head. XXXXXX

Sorry so long guys! I am just really excited. Seriously, I have said for the past few years that I was not interested in ever getting a LV bag. Then I tried my sister-in-law's Palermo GM and yeah, the rest is history.

Thank you for allowing me to share my excitement with you all. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Angela Sofia

No link to other forum please. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
You bought the 40 to use as a handbag? i've never seen anyone use a 40 before as a bag, have any modeling shots? i'm curious to see what it looks like. Congrats on your first LV :smile: i have the 35 and i just love it, i want more speedys.

You bought the 40 to use as a handbag? i've never seen anyone use a 40 before as a bag, have any modeling shots? i'm curious to see what it looks like. Congrats on your first LV :smile: i have the 35 and i just love it, i want more speedys.

Yeah, I am using it as a handbag but will also be using it for other things as well that will require the extra space. Yeah, what can I say, I love big bags. No modeling shots yet, but will have some soon! :biggrin: