New Fulton Satchel

CCC4

Jan 19, 2015
Hello all!
I'm thinking about the pink/oxblood Fulton on sale right now. Does anyone own this? What do you think about it? It looks somewhat awkward and a bit like a log but I'm willing to give it a chance because I like the color combo and the price. Do you think I could pull off this color combo year round? Thanks in advance for your help!

csalt

Apr 12, 2009
I almost bought the all black leather version when it first arrived in stores. It’s a no-fuss design, very simple with no frills. For this reason I can see many people not liking this bag since it does leave more to be desired. The “log” description had me chuckling since appearance-wise it’s not the most beautiful design.

However, if you want a functional everyday bag, I think this is a great work tote. Since it is a lower price point bag, I wouldn’t mind the daily abuse it will get; Coach’s polished pebbled leather is coated so that helps with protecting it from scratches/light stains. The blush pink you’re considering does have suede side gussets, so that would require a little more care since it is prone to staining (and it's a light color). And, yes, I think the 'dusty rose' color is wearable year-round, it's quite neutral. But I guess it would depend on your wardrobe too.

It has a top zip with two large open slip pockets on both sides for files or slipping in your tablet, as well as easy access to keys, wallet, etc. Middle compartment opens wide (with magnetic gussets) and is one big hole. I actually prefer this for work totes since you can throw in all your things for the day. Zipper for security is always a plus too.

The downside may be the crossbody strap, which connects diagonally. The “hanging log” look (lol) isn’t the most attractive; it does hang and look a bit awkward, but only because the bag is longer length-wise. The two top handles are a little thin for my liking, but they’re nothing we haven’t seen from Coach (very similar to those of the Prairie or Primrose Satchel).

Reactions: CCC4

CCC4

Jan 19, 2015
Thank you for your thoughts! I'm still on the fence. Thanks for getting my description and humor (lol!). I didn't think of it as a work tote but you are totally right! Would you carry it all four seasons? I do have other Coach bags with thin straps, come to think of it. I'll think about it some more.

Last edited: