New Forum Category Ideas

I'm open for lots of ideas, actually. A TV/movie/music category by itself would probably be a good idea, I'll look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Don't know if something like this has been suggested before (I did this on a different forum) ...

1. Looking for {Bag Type} - e.g., Balenciaga Medium City. This was especially nice because some folks have better access to items that someone else (on the forum) expressed interest in. I'm not advocating that the individual who 'saw' the item actually purchases it, merely, that they indicate when/where they saw the item. The "searcher" can then follow-up.
  2. For Sale {Bag Type} - e.g., Balenciaga Medium City. As we've all seen (and I'm sure experienced to a certain degree), selling items on eBay has become a hassle (because there are TOO MANY 'fakers') and eBay (and Paypal) nick you for everything!!! That being said, since we are all Bag addicts here, you may decide that your love affair with a particular bag has been replaced by a new "interest". Why not part with the "old" one, to someone who might want it!!!
Now, if we decide to do these types of things, there have to be some ground rules (especially with "selling" items). People will have to be very honest (e.g., bag is 'used' and describe it's condition). Also, just because a bag is used, doesn't necessarily mean that it would be sold at rock-bottom prices!

One of the things that really steamed me about the other board was that certain individuals (who had access to a lot of the high-end goods) were buying them and then immediately "turning" them around to other folks on the forum ... but then asking OUTRAGEOUS sums of money!!!!!!!! Come on ... do that on eBay ... this shouldn't be a "try to screw you fellow forum members!!!!".

Whaddya think?!?!?!

PS: Ooops ... I just read through the earlier posts on this thread and see that some other folks suggested a "For Sale" section too - GREAT!!! We set up various categories, for instance:
1) Shoes
2) Handbags
3) Jewelry
4) Designer Clothing

As I mentioned before, the 'key' to this is being super-honest about the condition of the item. Also, being reasonable - if a bag goes for $2000 and it was used for 1 day, then chances are, the person is going to be looking for close to retail. If the bag was used for a couple of months, then you really shouldn't ask for retail!

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I was thinking that it would be super-useful to have a search function for the purse forum and not just on the purse blog (I just used it find the link to the Dangle website to buy a Christmas present, so thanks!), that way you wouldn't have to go back pages and pages before you found the thread that you were looking for before. People could then search a thread before reposting "old" information. Some of these same issues keep cropping up, like Fendi spy quality issues (broken cap, Noriko's loose threads), how to get a Chloe paddington, etc., etc ..

you know what would be probably the most valuable thing?

Becoming a clearinghouse for disseminating information to differentiate between fake and real bags. There would be one simple problem with this, I know: The ability of counterfeitters to utilize this information to create better fakes. It's such a catch-22.
(:0(

classwhore said:
you know what would be probably the most valuable thing?

Becoming a clearinghouse for disseminating information to differentiate between fake and real bags. There would be one simple problem with this, I know: The ability of counterfeitters to utilize this information to create better fakes. It's such a catch-22.
(:0(

I totally agree with this, and I think that it's great that Megs and Vlad have started a seller watch subhead. However, I think that we need to maybe have a general warning to members about tagging their photos; I have a feeling that counterfeiters could possibly be registered as members that just lurk rather than post and even are already ripping photos off photos of real bags from other people, i.e. fayden or superbaby. Maybe I'm paranoid, but you can never be too wary ..

supersaucy said:
I totally agree with this, and I think that it's great that Megs and Vlad have started a seller watch subhead. However, I think that we need to maybe have a general warning to members about tagging their photos; I have a feeling that counterfeiters could possibly be registered as members that just lurk rather than post and even are already ripping photos off photos of real bags from other people, i.e. fayden or superbaby. Maybe I'm paranoid, but you can never be too wary ..
I am looking into a watermarking function to tag all the images that are being posted on the forum.

By the way supersaucy, vBulletin (the software this forum runs on) has one of the most advanced search features included of any board software. I know you certainly didn't notice, but there is a "Search" link right on top in the navigation bar. ;)

maybe we could merge and pin different threads? there are at least 10 threads on the lv speedy or the chloe paddington bag. just a suggestion.

*JJ* said:
maybe we could merge and pin different threads? there are at least 10 threads on the lv speedy or the chloe paddington bag. just a suggestion.
Yeah, I will have to start doing that... so many threads emerge on the same subject, it's hard to keep track of all the info.