New Fidji design?

fidji has been discontinued as i emailed paris 2 weeks ago. this is the reply i got from their wonderful male SA :

Dear Madam,

We thank you for your message and for your interest in Goyard.

Our Fidji hobo bag, discontinued and now fully sold out, will be indeed replaced next December by a new hobo bag, named Grenadines.

The Grenadines will feature an adjustable shoulder strap, and some large portion of baby bull leather on its top part and on its base.

Orders will be opened from December for this model, we also invite you to consult us at this time to inquire about pricing and purchase procedure.

Hoping this information will be useful to you, we remain at your disposal for any question you may have.

most lkely by the end of the year there will be no more fidjis in the states.

Last edited:
Hi all,

The Fidji hobo is still available in GSF as per my last email correspondance with Liana, the store manager on 17 Sep 2010. Current colour availability is green (T6), powder blue(T7) and white (T10).

Should you want the other colours, Liana would be able to take in your order, however the wait is about 3 months. Hope this helps! :smile:

I just saw the new version at Barney's in Boston, the SA said it was what it replacing the Fidji, didn't look all that closely at it but it was like a fidji with solid leather half way down the bag and on the bottom, much heavier! I'm sure I'm missing some details as I'm going with what i remember standing out the most for me but the girl knew exactly what I was talking about and immediately showed me this bag.... AND it's the same shape as the fidji so it makes sense to me that it was the right one..

Haha, just see it was posted already... definitely like my Fidji better, I hate when good bags are discontinued and wonder why they do it, did they have issues with the bag? I love how lightweight and pretty their plain canvas bags are and I love that the Fidji has a zip top and a tad more structure than the St. Louis....

Last edited:
I prefer the riginal fidji. the new one has a longer strap and more plain leather. I like the marquises , is it easy to wear as a shoulder bag? i got a Hardy, the pet carrier but find it too short to wear as a shoulder bag , i have big arms... =( i saw a new gray bag, looks like portfolio type, forgot the name

I work at Goyard in San Francisco and I am more than happy to answer any questions you Goyard fans may have. The Grenadines is priced at $1610 for classic colors, and $2090 for special colors. It will be in the store early 2011, but we're taking pre-orders of the style.