NEW EPI SLG (BUT bad SA at South Coast =O!!)

OCLVgringo

Jul 25, 2011
I bought the porte cartes simple in the darker blue color and I like it a lot. I was torn between the green, the dark blue, and red. But I finally made a decision after five minutes.

But the SA I had was very rude and impatient. Her name was Helene I think (idk thats what receipt said) and she was of an asian background (doesn't matter).

MY STORY: I ASKED HER TO SEE CARD CASES IN NEW EPI. SHE SAID WHAT EPI? LIKE I WAS STUPID. THEN SHE SHOWED THEM TO ME. AND I ASKED HER IF I COULD SEE ALL THE COLORS AND SHE HESITATED LIKE I WAS BOTHERING HER. WHEN SHE BROUGHT THEM I ASKED WHEN THEY WOULD BE GETTING THE COLORS IN OTHER SLGs. AND SHE SAID ALL RUDE THAT THIS IS A WOMENS COLLECTION, SO I RESPONDED WITH THE FACT THAT I KNEW IT WAS WOMENS BUT CARD HOLDERS ARE UNISEX AND THE FACT THAT I OWN ONE IN MONO. AND SHE JUST BASICALLY IGNORED ME AND WALKED AWAY. AND THEN I ASKED TO BUY THE BLUE ONE. AND SHE SAID NAME? WAIT 10 MIN. I PAID AND LEFT.

BUT DON'T WORRY I CALLED AND COMPLAINED.

AND I AM PROBABLY GOING TO EXCHANGE IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I BOUGHT IT QUICKLY.

PICS TO FOLLOW.

I NEEDED TO VENT... COMMENT PLEASE, ANYONE WITH SIMILAR EXPERIENCE?

Last edited:
Ugh I've been to South Coast and I know what you're talking about. I went to look at wallets and some SA acted like she was doing me a favor :rolleyes: so I went to Bloomingdales and bought a bag, on my way back she saw me walking outside of the store with my big brown bag and she turned her face away from me, but it was too late, I had already seen her see me. :giggles:

Don't pay any attention to them, I have also had very good service at that same location, so I just ignore the snooty ones and buy from someone nice. Congrats on your new purchase, what are you going to exchange it for?

Ugh I've been to South Coast and I know what you're talking about. I went to look at wallets and some SA acted like she was doing me a favor :rolleyes: so I went to Bloomingdales and bought a bag, on my way back she saw me walking outside of the store with my big brown bag and she turned her face away from me, but it was too late, I had already seen her see me. :giggles:

Don't pay any attention to them, I have also had very good service at that same location, so I just ignore the snooty ones and buy from someone nice. Congrats on your new purchase, what are you going to exchange it for?
Another bigger key pouch, zippy compact, or zippy coin purse, something that has a zipper probably (under $700 hopefully).

I like the card holder but I have 4 daily cards and a few bills and I don't know if the card holder will be useful?

Another bigger key pouch, zippy compact, or zippy coin purse, something that has a zipper probably (under $700 hopefully).

I like the card holder but I have 4 daily cards and a few bills and I don't know if the card holder will be useful?
Yes you should get something useful so it's worth the price, you should call the manager and very nicely tell them you'd like to exchange it but the last time you were there they made you feel uncomfortable, so when you get there they're expecting you and they better kiss your butt :lol: haha, just an idea...

ETA... Actually the manager there was very nice to me when I needed help, let us know how it goes.

I think you really need to think before buying to make sure you're happy. Perhaps if you take your time and are more relaxed you might have a better instore experience.

I'm sorry about your experience.. I know what you mean about the SAs at LV South Coast, some of them are really rude.. If ever you need to come back there, look for Alina or Gabby, they're really friendly and patient with their clients..:smile:

If I were you, I would have just left the store and bought it at LV in Bloomies or Saks.. But then, congrats on your purchase!:biggrin: Please post picture..

I have actually asked an SA before (not at LV, at Chanel) if there was a reason she was being rude and unhelpful. As expected she gave me a half assed apology and denied it. I just rolled my eyes and walked to someone who was friendly.

I have actually asked an SA before (not at LV, at Chanel) if there was a reason she was being rude and unhelpful. As expected she gave me a half assed apology and denied it. I just rolled my eyes and walked to someone who was friendly.

I totally agree with the 'confrontation' approach! I've been lucky so far, but I RARELY get to go to a boutique, I don't have one in my state. I did hear about someone though simply saying "I would really like to enjoy my visit to the boutique today so perhaps I could talk to another sales associate who is in a better mood, to assist me with my purchase today?" Confrontation usually snaps people out of their attitude - lol.

I don't understand why they'd be rude. Since they're not on commission, it's not like they're missing out on a sale if you're just browsing... I have two SA's that I go to or the leather goods manager, sometimes they help me together if they each want to show me something. Some of these SA's need to get over themselves. If you aren't polite, friendly, and a person that enjoys helping others why do customer service positions? SMH!!!

Ugh. I HATE when SAs come away with that, 'this is a women's collection' garbage. I honestly can never believe it. It's not like I buy extremely feminine bags or accessories (not that that should matter either, if a guy wants to buy a Vernis Alma, whose business it it, other than his? Certainly not the store assistant's!) but I've had those looks or even comments on more than one occasion. The manager of my nearest LV boutique told me the Ebene Zippy Compact Wallet I was enquiring about was a 'woman's purse' ('purse' meaning 'wallet' here in the UK) approx. one month before a practically identical Zippy Compact Wallet was released in Damier Graphite. Go figure that one.

At the end of the day, the SAs are there to inform you about the products and to serve you. They're not there to judge you on what products you like, and certainly not to make you feel like you're hassling them. Sometimes I actually do feel like I'm bothering SAs when I ask to see numerous styles or colours of an item, even when that particular SA isn't giving off that vibe, just because of previous experiences. Then I remember that I've worked in retail/sales and I know that the customer should come first! I never, ever treated people like that, even on my worst day, so it's especially annoying to me when I don't receive even the most basic of manners, pleasantries and good service - in any store, but particularly at these price points!

Anyway, putting that aside - congrats on your new piece! Let's see! :biggrin: