New Epi Agenda!! But ...

lacedwithlove

Dec 20, 2013
Went to the boutique & purchased my first Epi piece yesterday! It is an Agenda MM.

Very good condition

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407988311.517506.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407988322.252764.jpg

Made in France!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407988332.952324.jpg

But what is up with the date code??

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407988405.290190.jpg

Did they seriously have this sitting in the drawer for SEVEN years? I was quite upset when I saw this and would like to seek out others' opinions.

It's in great condition, it's made in France, and to be fair, the price always goes up...

Should I enjoy this in good health or explain to the SA that I am unhappy because this was made in 2007?

I am a bit ashamed because I feel like a chronic returner. I've purchased and returned/exchanged the last two or three things I've purchased =[

But paying $670 USD for a seven year old item...? =[ thumbs down!

Another part of me almost feels like someone swapped out a pre loved piece. But it really is in good condition, I might just be paranoid??

Please advise =]

epi is very durable not like mono so the age thing wont bother me much
but if it ypsets you than you should exchange it now
it could be a store where a certain item is not that popular (7 yr is a bit much)

If I were you I would bring it back, you can return an item with no questions asked within two weeks, and exchange within a month.

I look at the date code every time b4 I purchase an item from LV, I will ask my SA to bring several bags out for me to compare, the date code is just one of the things I will look at.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

WOW I would return it to a different sales associate if possible and tell them about the date code. Something about that just isn't right.

If I were you I would bring it back, you can return an item with no questions asked within two weeks, and exchange within a month.

I look at the date code every time b4 I purchase an item from LV, I will ask my SA to bring several bags out for me to compare, the date code is just one of the things I will look at.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

Thanks for responding. I am just hesitant to step into the store with the brown bag already in hand AGAIN. =[ a little embarrassed.

epi is very durable not like mono so the age thing wont bother me much
but if it ypsets you than you should exchange it now
it could be a store where a certain item is not that popular (7 yr is a bit much)

I'm OK with a 7yo item brand new in store. I prefer it even. I feel the older stuff are better made.

Great point! I am curious now to how the "new" epi agendas feel... I prefer how mine feels now as opposed to the epi toiletry pouches. Wonder if the agendas are that material.

Still can't decide what to do =[

Great point! I am curious now to how the "new" epi agendas feel... I prefer how mine feels now as opposed to the epi toiletry pouches. Wonder if the agendas are that material.

Still can't decide what to do =[

I'm not sure they're comparable. The toiletry pouch needs to be thinner/lighter, the agenda needs to he thicker/sturdier. Good luck in deciding!

Ooooh, yeah, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that either. It's a beautiful piece but 7 years is a really long time to be sitting in a drawer...and how many times was it taken out and shown/handled in that time? I would definitely call and ask about it if you're not comfortable with how old it is.

For the money you spend you should get what you want, As long as there's mutual respect and understanding between the customer and the SA. There's a no questions asked return policy for a reason. Do not feel embarrassed. Good luck!

The MC cles in white that I bought earlier this year was from 2007. I have no problem with it. As long as it is in the condition I am happy with when I bought it I am good.

What if you call your SA on the phone and explain? that way you don’t have to see her face :Push:
I would want to deal with the same SA who sold it, so they don’t think there’s something fishy, she should remember selling it to you… just tell her that if you decide to sell it in the future it will fetch less money because it’s so old. Tell her what day and time you’ll be there, put the box in your purse and give it to her discreetly.

I understand not wanting to show up with the shopping bag *again* I hate that feeling when SA’s roll their eyes for another return… but you gotta do what you gotta do… good luck!

Thank you everyone for replying.

For some reason or another, I just couldn't get over the fact that it was seven years old. I took it in today and at first the SA was telling me how date codes change all the time and there's really no way they could tell? Didn't quite understand where she was going with that. It was almost as if she didn't believe me when I told her the age of the item. She actually couldn't find the date code while talking to me...

Anywho, a manager came and confirmed to the SA that it was indeed made seven years ago. At that point everyone was kind of speechless, lol. So, I talked myself out of the agenda & opted for small exchanges.

I left with a pocket agenda in monogram for the boyfriend:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408079865.745765.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408079882.107245.jpg

A damier ebene key pouch/cles for myself:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408079898.748042.jpg

It is perfect for my DE Favorite PM! The mini holds my phone & miscellaneous while the cles will hold cards. Both of which prevents potential pick-pocketing ☺️

See?! There IS rhyme and reason for having (as my boyfriend would say) a bag within a bag (within a bag)!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408080037.018267.jpg

...And a $200 credit! =]

Thank you, everyone! I feel much better about what I left with. Which is kind of surprising since I picked something up for DBF instead!