Buyer received expensive item
Files ebay not paypal claim
They ask for full refund
Seller accepts thinking that buyer will be required to return item
Nope
You hit full refund they get it
no obligation to return
I have talked to eBay about this and phone person always shocked

So what do we do as sellers in this case??
Wait to get the bag back before issuing a return??
That's what retailers do. :shrugs:

BTW - I am never selling another EXPENSIVE item online again unless I can find the person via facebook or some other resource - forget it.

OP, what is your story? You sold a bag? Refunded $$ and Buyer isn't RET? if so, don't forget to list their Ebay ID for BBL.

My husband almost did the same thing a month or two ago and called eBay about it. eBay does not have an option to say send item back for a refund just issue a refund. If you choose to refund eBay will tell you that they will email and ask buyer to return but they if they do not do so then there is nothing that can be done. recently though he says there was an option to reply to the claim saying send back for a refund. Perhaps it is a glitch they are working on and will become more consistent with allowing the option to tell buyer to return for refund and not just refund right away allowing buyer to keep item.

I would never give a refund without getting my item back. I'm a little confused as to what you're asking though.
I think she chose the wrong refund option.

It's been a while since I saw that page, but IIRC, there are 3 options.

1. Issue partial refund (buyer gets to keep item)
2. Issue full refund (buyer keeps item)
3. Refund buyer upon return of item.

I suspect the OP chose the wrong refund option. Go back to the dispute. I think you can choose a different/correct option.

Ouch! That sucks and the buyer needs to be added to the block list in our sticky thread...

Just to be clear, you were the one who (perhaps mistakenly) approved the full refund, right? Or did Ebay force a refund, like the time I had to file for crotch-stained jeans? :s

Hi this time I did not issue the full refund! I did the first time and even the eBay person I spoke to was horrified that eBay allows this! I have 4 scammers who tried this in the past year. Last night I got another ! They got more and more incensed I wouldn't issue a full refund without return of the item. If I had pressed the full refund they would have received a full refund without having any obligation to return. This is not how paypal operates! The funny thing is when she made up some crazy story of one snap missing on an item she received for 300 although it's worth 2500 I said then send back to me...she lied to eBay when asking for the full refund and said I wasn't working with her! Huh yea I wasn't working with her to assist in her scam. I kept writing responses on the eBay claim stating please return for a full refund. eBay actually sent a form we suggest you give the buyer what she wants. Unbelievable! eBay writing me to urge me to be scammed. Okay it's a form response but geez Louise ..thanks eBay for your assistance in screwing sellers!

My husband almost did the same thing a month or two ago and called eBay about it. eBay does not have an option to say send item back for a refund just issue a refund. If you choose to refund eBay will tell you that they will email and ask buyer to return but they if they do not do so then there is nothing that can be done. recently though he says there was an option to reply to the claim saying send back for a refund. Perhaps it is a glitch they are working on and will become more consistent with allowing the option to tell buyer to return for refund and not just refund right away allowing buyer to keep item.

this is exactly right! Exactly! If you issue a full refund the buyer is under no obligation to return...it is incredible and it appears all the scammers I have had do this are in California or china. I never sell international because of this.

this is exactly right! Exactly! If you issue a full refund the buyer is under no obligation to return...it is incredible and it appears all the scammers I have had do this are in California or china. I never sell international because of this.
OMG, thanks for sharing.

That is soo sad OP! I never sell on bay anymore n I'm scared to buy aswell but only from sellers I can trust from other peoples experiences.