new drap calf tote

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
For me, this is one of those that I think I'm going to have to see in person. It looks nice and quite practical but something is missing for me in the photo.

I have this tote and it is just lovely. An IPad fits in the front pocket nicely and it goes easily onto the shoulder. Nice suede lining. I debated between the gray and light creamy beige, the gray is good looking in person and would be a better color for harsher weather. It is a good size and proportion for me, I am short.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 335
I have this tote and it is just lovely. An IPad fits in the front pocket nicely and it goes easily onto the shoulder. Nice suede lining. I debated between the gray and light creamy beige, the gray is good looking in person and would be a better color for harsher weather. It is a good size and proportion for me, I am short.
I think everyone knows where I stand on gray. :woohoo: If I were still working, I think this tote would be great to supplement a handbag.....and carry my iPad. I could use my current favorite (pillow crossbody) with the tote for the things that wouldn't fit into the little bag. However, my first year of retirement removed any thought of going back to work! I have asked Michael (Carmel store) to call me if the pillow comes in later in the Mona Lisa purple. I have seen this tote online in the purple...but not irl.

what is drap calf ?
I think it has something to do with the sustainability program of Kering (the conglomerate that owns BV and other luxury brands). I found this tidbit in a release from Kering regarding their leather production. It's all I could find, but the entire pdf they released was about sustainability. I just did a simple google search so I am sure someone else can find more out there somewhere......

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 5.18.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 5.18.08 PM.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 285
Bv is owned by Gucci group and in turn they are owned by a bigger group but I have never heard Kering
I emailed my GF that works for BV
she will give me BV's definition of it
will keep you posted
that stikes me as an oxymoron with the leather sustainablity
you have to kill the cow the get the hide so how are they sustaining leather
unless it has to do with the Chemicals used in Tanning the leather

I think it has something to do with the sustainability program of Kering (the conglomerate that owns BV and other luxury brands). I found this tidbit in a release from Kering regarding their leather production. It's all I could find, but the entire pdf they released was about sustainability. I just did a simple google search so I am sure someone else can find more out there somewhere......

S, they used to be PPR, now they are Kering.

http://www.kering.com/en/group

Bv is owned by Gucci group and in turn they are owned by a bigger group but I have never heard Kering
I emailed my GF that works for BV
she will give me BV's definition of it
will keep you posted
that stikes me as an oxymoron with the leather sustainablity
you have to kill the cow the get the hide so how are they sustaining leather
unless it has to do with the Chemicals used in Tanning the leather

Last edited: