New Drag 22: Thoughts?

Thank you for sharing! I wanted gold hardware so I think I will wait.

It’s below retail which is pretty good though.

I haven’t buy from fashionphile before. How is it like? How easy to return it if there are issues with the bag?
Honestly I have no idea about Fashionphile, I have never purchased nor sold through them or any secondary market as I purchase directly from H but I see people posting on instagram about them...what I did read was that Chanel filed a lawsuit against Fashionfile for selling fakes...so it could have been by complete human error ( I give everyone the benefit of the doubt) but that is why I stir clear of all secondary resellers. It is always best to save your money and get the items directly for the Designer house themselves so there is never a doubt and IMHO, that kind of peace is something we can never put a price on :hugs: read page 3 paragraph 9...https://closetfullofcash.com/wp-content/uploads/Lawsuit-Chanel-Vs-FashionPhile.pdf

Honestly I have no idea about Fashionphile, I have never purchased nor sold through them or any secondary market as I purchase directly from H but I see people posting on instagram about them...what I did read was that Chanel filed a lawsuit against Fashionfile for selling fakes...so it could have been by complete human error ( I give everyone the benefit of the doubt) but that is why I stir clear of all secondary resellers. It is always best to save your money and get the items directly for the Designer house themselves so there is never a doubt and IMHO, that kind of peace is something we can never put a price on :hugs: read page 3 paragraph 9...https://closetfullofcash.com/wp-content/uploads/Lawsuit-Chanel-Vs-FashionPhile.pdf
Chanel is actually going after the resellers or reselling third parties who do it cheap. I don’t see them going after Farfetch which also sold vintage Chanels at a higher price, but instead Chanel invested in them! Don’t believe in the ‘they are after resellers’ spiel. The authentication process in Farfetch is not any different from the other reputable reselling websites.

The main point is that they don’t want resellers to drive their price points down and ‘plebs’ like many of us who buy good vintage bags cheaper than what they like. How dare we !

After all, it isn’t like their classic flaps are so haute maroquinerie or so exclusive. Go to a large shopping mall in Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, a big city in China and a Chanel classic or WoC can be spotted easily.

In those parts of Asia, the Chanel classics are now reduced to “ congrats you are now in the upper middle class tier” and now they want their classics to be “only for the truly wealthy“ hence the recent quota rules like Hermes.

Edit: going to get hammered by Chanel aficionados but thats how my Asian friends explained it to me.

Hermes still retains the general mystique given its legendary ‘journey‘ or ‘quest’ to acquire their bags. However a drag bag will wow me a lot more so than a Himalayan birkin (after living in HK and a stint in Japan) , because it is very rare to see the drag bag around in Asia or even in Australia.

If offered one, I have no qualms buying the drag bag.

Last edited:
The strap is detachable and you can use any of the other straps to change the look as there are holes for that purpose. I need to take a pic of mine. I change the straps all the time.
I had no idea! You just solved the only draw back to what is otherwise a perfect bag. Just put my bleu nuit togo Kelly strap on my bleu nuit evercolor Drag 2.

image.jpg

I had no idea! You just solved the only draw back to what is otherwise a perfect bag. Just put my bleu nuit togo Kelly strap on my bleu nuit evercolor Drag 2.

View attachment 5646450
Perfect changing the strap :love: Looks beautiful that way!

I use my noir Bolide 31 strap on my noir Evenlyne 29. A thinner strap is so much more comfortable than a wide hard leather strap or the straps that have heavy clumsy buckles to change its length.

Last edited:
Reactions: JulieKat