New Dooney Roberta Pieri

LifeIsDucky

Apr 17, 2015
I came across these new nylon handbags this week on Dooney.com.
If the links do not work, search “pieri” on Dooney.com!

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Dooney.com posted a video of the pieri handmaking process. It makes me appreciate and have respect for the craftsmanship. Also the Roberta Pieri geometric print reminds me of goyard. Goyard's printed bags are around starting $1500.

Does anyone know about the quality of the Roberta Pieri bags? Are they an old established line in Italy, or are they new? Like the look and want to buy one if I get good feedback. I don’t understand what all the attraction is with the Goyard bags. Lancaster Paris makes a tote that looks very similar for about 1/3 of the price.

Does anyone know about the quality of the Roberta Pieri bags? Are they an old established line in Italy, or are they new? Like the look and want to buy one if I get good feedback. I don’t understand what all the attraction is with the Goyard bags. Lancaster Paris makes a tote that looks very similar for about 1/3 of the price.
I have no experience with Roberta Peiri bags and I've heard nothing. They look nice
in the pics.
I have seen several YT videos on Goyard bags where people report issues with
the canvas due to wear, after a short period of time. No personal experience here
either. Other YT videos rave about Goyard totes.

I purchased 2 cosmetic cases one was light pink and the other red. Absolutely love them! They are very vibrant and have a slip pocket and are perfect size to carry in my Brenna. I was pleasantly surprised they each came with a little dust bag. I only wish I would of seen these sooner and been able to purchase in other colors. I plan on keeping my eyes open for a sale on the totes.

I purchased 2 cosmetic cases one was light pink and the other red. Absolutely love them! They are very vibrant and have a slip pocket and are perfect size to carry in my Brenna. I was pleasantly surprised they each came with a little dust bag. I only wish I would of seen these sooner and been able to purchase in other colors. I plan on keeping my eyes open for a sale on the totes.
I wish Dooney would bring back the pebbled leather cosmetic cases.
Or even the smaller, but similarly shaped ones, in Saffiano leather
they released a few years ago. Both styles
have a base that is deep enough to hold cosmetics.
Unlike a wristlet or pouch that is flat.
And the Saffiano is even easier to keep clean.

Enjoy your new cosmetic cases.

I wish Dooney would bring back the pebbled leather cosmetic cases.
Or even the smaller, but similarly shaped ones, in Saffiano leather
they released a few years ago. Both styles
have a base that is deep enough to hold cosmetics.
Unlike a wristlet or pouch that is flat.
And the Saffiano is even easier to keep clean.

Enjoy your new cosmetic cases.
thank you. I would love a Saffiano cosmetic case, especially in the smoke grey color. I've been buying most of my accessories in saffiano because it holds up and cleans up so much better than a lot of the other materials and it just looks so sharp. I've often wondered why they choose some of the materials and leathers for items that are just too delicate or impossble to get clean once used with intended purpose lol probably to keep us buying more, which I'll do anyway because I love so many colors and leathers!

Reactions: Lilybarb
thank you. I would love a Saffiano cosmetic case, especially in the smoke grey color. I've been buying most of my accessories in saffiano because it holds up and cleans up so much better than a lot of the other materials and it just looks so sharp. I've often wondered why they choose some of the materials and leathers for items that are just too delicate or impossble to get clean once used with intended purpose lol probably to keep us buying more, which I'll do anyway because I love so many colors and leathers!
I love the Florentine leather accessories... as a collectible.... 🙄
I buy them and then don't use them because I like my things to look
pristine and I'm worried about keeping the Flo accessories clean....
or for the darker colors.... they are just too heavy for me (personally).

I agree that the Saffiano accessories are 'most durable', but I admit to
preferring the feel of the pebbled leather. Given the choice of the same
exact accessory in Saffiano and pebbled leather, I'd pick the pebbled leather.
However.... I never saw the smaller cosmetic case in pebbled leather so I
jumped on it in Saffiano. And there are just sometimes that the colors
offered in Saffiano are so lovely that I can't help myself and I have to
buy them. (But only Dooney.... I won't buy Coach crossgrain leather
items, just not my jam).

These are pictures of front and back of the two cosmetic cases I ordered. They are so vibrant and pictures do not give them any justice. They also came with their own white little dust bag and there is a slip pocket inside. I was so surprised at how beautiful the print is and they will both compliment so many of my Dooney bags with all the different colors on them. I almost feel bad for sharing these because I do not see them on the website any longer but they do have the totes and I highly recommend looking at them after seeing these in person.

Attachments

• IMG_20240309_151253482.jpg
    IMG_20240309_151253482.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240309_151351054~2.jpg
    IMG_20240309_151351054~2.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240309_151223519~3.jpg
    IMG_20240309_151223519~3.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240309_151105827~2.jpg
    IMG_20240309_151105827~2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 4
These are pictures of front and back of the two cosmetic cases I ordered. They are so vibrant and pictures do not give them any justice. They also came with their own white little dust bag and there is a slip pocket inside. I was so surprised at how beautiful the print is and they will both compliment so many of my Dooney bags with all the different colors on them. I almost feel bad for sharing these because I do not see them on the website any longer but they do have the totes and I highly recommend looking at them after seeing these in person.
Thanks for posting. Your new cosmetic cases are beautiful and they look like the size
is very functional too. At least now I know to look in that section of the Dooney site
to see what treasures are hiding.

Almost too pretty to use! :lol::loveeyes:

Reactions: kimarley
👍 Agreed! Your logic is exactly why I have the fewest number of Florentine accessories compared to pebble leather & saffiano. Flo leather naturally gets beat up inside a bag. Saffiano will carry inside a bag of rocks & come out looking like new.

👍 Agreed! Your logic is exactly why I have the fewest number of Florentine accessories compared to pebble leather & saffiano. Flo leather naturally gets beat up inside a bag. Saffiano will carry inside a bag of rocks & come out looking like new.
And, while Florentine accessories are beautiful.... they add a lot more weight to the
handbag that some of the other materials. I'm a leather snob, but I can't carry
a handbag filled with Florentine accessories (wallet, credit card case, cosmetic case,
pouches). Just too much for the old bones. And some of my pebbled leather accessories
are also heavy.... don't know if it's all the leather or the metal logo!

Reactions: KiltyR45