New Dior Soft zipped tote bag

I just previewed this bag today. It is SOOOOO structured. There is absolutely nothing "soft" about this bag, maybe just the lambskin. It is a little smaller than the original Soft. While I can easily fit my macbook air into the original, there's no way I can fit it into this Soft. The side compartments are also smaller, but the zippered compartment is bigger in this soft vs. the original. My boutique only had the larger size and the bag retails for $3200 + tax. I wasn't too fond of the style, but after hearing the new price, I most likely will not be getting this bag. Personally, if I really wanted a structured bag, I much rather throw in a few more hundred dollars to get the small Diorissimo (which is a true Dior design vs. a remake of the Chanel Timeless tote).

$3200 - for the large? That seems a bit strange as Dior is usually cheaper in the UK and it is retailing for 2000 GBP here? I agree it is a more structured bag but that it will break in over time giving it the soft effect. I think it was very nice but I too did not *LOVE* it. The small was too small and large too large in my opinion

Given that so many designer bags from higher-end lines like Celine and Louis Vuitton are over $3000, I'm not surprised by the price.

Still, if it isn't soft and pliable like the other Dior Soft bags, then it should've been renamed.

Given that so many designer bags from higher-end lines like Celine and Louis Vuitton are over $3000, I'm not surprised by the price.

Still, if it isn't soft and pliable like the other Dior Soft bags, then it should've been renamed.

I think what I didn't understand was why the price point was so much higher than the original Soft and the bag is still called the Soft and looks somewhat the same. It's weird to have one at $2600 and one at $3200. How does Dior justify this? I would feel better had the style been revamped or something to make it look like a different design, then yea, charge a different price. But just because you make a square fluffy bag into a rectangular structured bag, I don't know if that calls for a whole different price point.

Also, I don't think it should be priced at near the LD or Miss Dior. It isn't a Dior original or lined with leather, I just can't justify it. I know high-end designers can charge whatever they want, but at the end of the day I still believe certain bags (i.e. certain LV coated canvas bags ranging in the 2k range) are not worth their price tags.

Last edited:
I think what I didn't understand was why the price point was so much higher than the original Soft and the bag is still called the Soft and looks somewhat the same. It's weird to have one at $2600 and one at $3200. How does Dior justify this? I would feel better had the style been revamped or something to make it look like a different design, then yea, charge a different price. But just because you make a square fluffy bag into a rectangular structured bag, I don't know if that calls for a whole different price point.

Also, I don't think it should be priced at near the LD or Miss Dior. It isn't a Dior original or lined with leather, I just can't justify it. I know high-end designers can charge whatever they want, but at the end of the day I still believe certain bags (i.e. certain LV coated canvas bags ranging in the 2k range) are not worth their price tags.

This is how business works, and this is how they make money :cool:. Now the other Dior soft becomes an *old* design and people start wanting to buy the *new* one.

I agree. I think that they should have justified this price point by lining the bag fully in lambskin so that it's different and more luxurious. The only drawback is that it would add more weight to the bag.

This is how business works, and this is how they make money :cool:. Now the other Dior soft becomes an *old* design and people start wanting to buy the *new* one.

Actually, after discussing this bag with my SA, she said that not too many people who viewed the bag actually loved the bag. So we'll see how the bag does on the market these next couple of months. I was also told that there has been no official announcement that the old Soft is being discontinued, so it's not the case of out with the old in with the new.

Actually, after discussing this bag with my SA, she said that not too many people who viewed the bag actually loved the bag. So we'll see how the bag does on the market these next couple of months. I was also told that there has been no official announcement that the old Soft is being discontinued, so it's not the case of out with the old in with the new.

I had heard from my SA that they only made this bag due to customer requests, so I'm sure they will be keeping an eye and ear out for customer feedback on this bag. Sometimes I think people might think they want something, but when they actually see it, they figure out that they didn't actually want that after all. I hope that's the case with this bag. I love the old Dior Soft, and would not like to see it "replaced" by the new zippered on, and I don't think that they will end up doing so.

If there is a good demand on the first Dior Soft, then, they won't replace it. The first design is pretty too. This way they have two different designs for Dior soft, and you can go with whatever you like. I learned that things change within time. For example, the first Lady Dior design wasn't as the very recent one, but the newer one is prettier, and they've stopped selling the older one in boutiques. I have seen two new Dior designs on the Dior official website, and in the Boutique they told me there will be newer designs coming in, in about two weeks. I just hope the Lady Dior won't get replaced too soon. They might make a few changes or adjustments within time. I won't get disappointed because I am happy with what I got. It's just an opinion. :smile:

Last edited:
So, I finally got to see this bag tonight, and I was totally prepared to hate it, since I love the Dior Soft so much, but much to my surprise, I really liked it! It's different looking, yes, but in a good way. It still has the magnetic closures (on the sides this time) so everything will stay in place, and then the zippered center compartment. I like how they did the chains, and it actually doesn't "pucker" in so much at the magnets as the regular Dior Soft. I saw it in the rouge vif and beige and it was really quite pretty. I know the price adjustment is quite a bit (I think the small was $2900 compared to $2400 for the small Dior Soft), but it's a lot more workmanship in the bag itself. I also liked the chains as well. Totally surprising to me, as I had said, I was quite ready to not only dislike the bag but really dislike it. I guess sometimes an open mind really helps, because I will very likely buy this bag. :smile:

I agree with Tutu. I first spotted the new zipped tote online at Dior.com and had been waiting patiently for it to make its grand appearance at my local boutique. I asked my Super SA to hold the rouge Vif and dark blue colours for me. When I met them in person I just couldn't walk away! I'd been looking for a more "casual" Dior bag for quite some time but none of the other ones (Granville, Panera, soft) ever really spoke to me.

For myself, it is just the right combination of casual (metallic + leather chain) and lady-likeness (more structured body) and the zipped compartment was just the cherry on top.

LOVE my new soft zipped tote!

I agree with Tutu. I first spotted the new zipped tote online at Dior.com and had been waiting patiently for it to make its grand appearance at my local boutique. I asked my Super SA to hold the rouge Vif and dark blue colours for me. When I met them in person I just couldn't walk away! I'd been looking for a more "casual" Dior bag for quite some time but none of the other ones (Granville, Panera, soft) ever really spoke to me.

For myself, it is just the right combination of casual (metallic + leather chain) and lady-likeness (more structured body) and the zipped compartment was just the cherry on top.

LOVE my new soft zipped tote!
Great! What color did you end up getting?

I have both Dior Soft and the new Dior Soft zipped.

The traditional Dior soft is trully soft and I like it but don't use it too often. The new Dior soft with a zipper is my favorite bag for this summer. It's more structured and looks more office appropriate than the Dior soft.

The compartments pf the bag are perfect for my organizational habits. I love the middle zipped compartment - I keep my wallet, keys, my passport in it. It's much bigger than the Chanel GST middle compartment so it can easily hold lots of stuff in it. I guess you can keep your laptop there too but I don't carry it.

On one open compartment I hold my cell phones (there are two pockets for cellphones), iPad and my agenda. In the next open compartment I keep my makeup.

It's big yet it looks very slim. Not like the GST which is very bulky, this bag is very slim and lady like.

I have it in beige with ghw. Such a perfect bag, I'm really glad I bought it!

I have both Dior Soft and the new Dior Soft zipped.

The traditional Dior soft is trully soft and I like it but don't use it too often. The new Dior soft with a zipper is my favorite bag for this summer. It's more structured and looks more office appropriate than the Dior soft.

The compartments pf the bag are perfect for my organizational habits. I love the middle zipped compartment - I keep my wallet, keys, my passport in it. It's much bigger than the Chanel GST middle compartment so it can easily hold lots of stuff in it. I guess you can keep your laptop there too but I don't carry it.

On one open compartment I hold my cell phones (there are two pockets for cellphones), iPad and my agenda. In the next open compartment I keep my makeup.

It's big yet it looks very slim. Not like the GST which is very bulky, this bag is very slim and lady like.

I have it in beige with ghw. Such a perfect bag, I'm really glad I bought it!

Enjoy your new bag, and please post some photos of your bag and what's inside your bag. I'd love to see how much it can hold :smile: