New Dior Soft zipped tote bag

Vesuvia

O.G.
Jan 16, 2013
I have seen this new Dior Soft bag on dior.com and I think she is so functional and for the zipper much more secure than the also lovely Dior soft. But in my local Dior boutique she is not yet available. I would like her much in dior-beige, a color who goes with everything. Someone has further info to share ?

Attachments

• M0958OCAL_M900_V2.png
    M0958OCAL_M900_V2.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 6,356
Hm, this is interesting. From far away it looks like they just extended the middle zipper compartment, but the bag still looks like it is closed by the center magnetic closure. And there looks to be one extra half link, so a tad longer than the previous version.

I don't know if these minor changes would prompt me to buy another Soft but this color combo might. LOL

eminere™;24775820 said:
How very Chanel GST. :tdown:
I have the Chanel GST and don't love her anymore because she is wide open and everybody can look and grab in. This one has an middle compartment with long zipper closure and two sidecompartments witch you can close with botton. Want so much to see and feel her.

I have the Chanel GST and don't love her anymore because she is wide open and everybody can look and grab in. This one has an middle compartment with long zipper closure and two sidecompartments witch you can close with botton. Want so much to see and feel her.
I can appreciate the practicality the zip closure and separate compartments this Dior style offers, but the overall resemblance to the design of the GST, from the shape of the bag to the metal links with leather shoulder bit design of the straps, gets a thumbs down from me.

I like this bag, although the point of attachment of the handles looks very different for a Dior bag; the oval part juts out of the sides of the bag.

I like it, more so than the GST, but it does look a bit like a copy because this is not usual for Dior. I actually prefer the version I attached below, which I don't think is available anymore. It's simple, stylish, and I love the handles.

Attachments

• Dior Lady Dior soft tote.png
    Dior Lady Dior soft tote.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 8,957
eminere™;24776244 said:
I can appreciate the practicality the zip closure and separate compartments this Dior style offers, but the overall resemblance to the design of the GST, from the shape of the bag to the metal links with leather shoulder bit design of the straps, gets a thumbs down from me.

Yeah, it seems to be 'inspired' by Chanel, but not the GST. Instead it reminds me more of the timeless tote that Chanel has been producing the past couple of years or so.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/love-the-new-timeless-cc-tote-but-issue-768965.html

That said, I prefer this to the Chanel totes because the big CC stitched to the front are a turnoff for me. The Dior version looks more elegant.

Any idea about sizes and colors available?

I have seen this new Dior Soft bag on dior.com and I think she is so functional and for the zipper much more secure than the also lovely Dior soft. But in my local Dior boutique she is not yet available. I would like her much in dior-beige, a color who goes with everything. Someone has further info to share ?

Actually the 'old' Dior Soft has a middle zipper compartment too, which I find roomy enough to store your valuables.

Looking at this new tote, I'm not sure if the name 'Dior Soft' applies here. It doesn't look as smooshy as the original. Looks more like 'Dior Stiff' to me lol!

Yeah, it seems to be 'inspired' by Chanel, but not the GST. Instead it reminds me more of the timeless tote that Chanel has been producing the past couple of years or so.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/love-the-new-timeless-cc-tote-but-issue-768965.html

That said, I prefer this to the Chanel totes because the big CC stitched to the front are a turnoff for me. The Dior version looks more elegant.

Any idea about sizes and colors available?

Oh it does look like it! But the Dior looks better once again in this comparison.

Dior is really giving Chanel a run for its money.

Oh it does look like it! But the Dior looks better once again in this comparison.

Dior is really giving Chanel a run for its money.

You bet! There are a lot of ladies here who love both Dior and Chanel and may be let down by the escalating prices yet declining quality of Chanel pieces. Dior does seem to have the edge, in terms of pricing (well, a little less) and workmanship.

You bet! There are a lot of ladies here who love both Dior and Chanel and may be let down by the escalating prices yet declining quality of Chanel pieces. Dior does seem to have the edge, in terms of pricing (well, a little less) and workmanship.

While that is true, I'm not too happy about Dior copying other brands. I know that a lot of brands do this, but Dior has it's own instantly recognizable iconic style that they don't need to do this.

It's still a lovely bag, though.