New Dior slingbacks

This is my 1st pair of Dior slingbacks. Does anyone have advice/insight on break in time and durability? I ordered a half size up, but I'm worried that over time the backs will stretch out too much

Yeah, I will say there is alot of movement in the shoe when I walk, as in I feel like they might come off. But if I had ordered any smaller size then the toe box would be too tight. But I LOVE the color. I have so many green bags that I can pair with these, so maybe these will just be "car to restaurant table/theater seat then back to car again " shoes

Reactions: livethelake
Looking at your heel, size wise it looks perfect.:tup:

Your heel isn't sticking out (means the shoe is too small) and your heel isn't too far in (means the shoe is too big).

As for the longevity of the slingback I unfortunately cannot say.
Personally I have always had bad luck with slingbacks, they're either too tight and cut into my heel or, end up slipping down on my feet (and these are for shoes that were brand new and not worn that often). So I've given up on slingback shoes all together. :P It was just never meant to be for me. :no:

Looking at your heel, size wise it looks perfect.:tup:

Your heel isn't sticking out (means the shoe is too small) and your heel isn't too far in (means the shoe is too big).

As for the longevity of the slingback I unfortunately cannot say.
Personally I have always had bad luck with slingbacks, they're either too tight and cut into my heel or, end up slipping down on my feet (and these are for shoes that were brand new and not worn that often). So I've given up on slingback shoes all together. :P It was just never meant to be for me. :no:

Can’t agree more - sling backs have a law unto their own. I’ve even had straps adjusted by a cobbler on many - but never idea. Chanel’s seem to be ok but have given up on all others

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and lill_canele
Yeah, I will say there is alot of movement in the shoe when I walk, as in I feel like they might come off. But if I had ordered any smaller size then the toe box would be too tight. But I LOVE the color. I have so many green bags that I can pair with these, so maybe these will just be "car to restaurant table/theater seat then back to car again " shoes
They give away these sticky silicone to put on the slings right? I don’t own one just yet but when I tried one of these the SA put on the sticky silicone on the slings since it’s quite loose on me.