New Dior boutiques

Ghi85

Jul 30, 2012
Chicago
OMG... We all knew Dior Chicago was on its way but I had no idea the boutique would be humongous! Last night, I walked past the new store, under construction, and I got extremely excited. It's at the corner of Walton and Rush.

Does anyone know when the boutique will finally open? We've been waiting so long!

Check out the pic I captured of the new store's construction.

IMG_20170210_185624279.jpg

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
OMG... We all knew Dior Chicago was on its way but I had no idea the boutique would be humongous! Last night, I walked past the new store, under construction, and I got extremely excited. It's at the corner of Walton and Rush.

Does anyone know when the boutique will finally open? We've been waiting so long!

Check out the pic I captured of the new store's construction.

View attachment 3602707
Wow! That's a big construction facade! We're going to get one soon in Toronto too. I'm waiting for the construction facade to go up.

ehmashoes

Emma
Nov 27, 2015
Illinois --> Paris
I can't wait! The last time I was in Chicago was back in November, and so much has changed since then! I'm coming up again next month, and I'll have to walk by to see the progress!

Reactions: Ghi85
Apr 22, 2013
NOLA
I am so excited to see this thread!! I'm going to be in Chicago in July, does anyone know if they have it finished and open yet?

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
The former Chanel space in Yorkville. A few years ago Dior tried for the space currently occupied by Club Monaco but obviously didn't work out.
Wow I didn't know that it tried for the Club Monaco space. That would've been a nice place for it. I guess Club Monaco could continue to afford the skyrocketing rental prices on the street.

By the way, are you from Toronto too?

incoralblue

Boy With Bags
O.G.
Jan 28, 2007
NY
Wow I didn't know that it tried for the Club Monaco space. That would've been a nice place for it. I guess Club Monaco could continue to afford the skyrocketing rental prices on the street.

By the way, are you from Toronto too?
Yeah I read that a few months ago since there's a lot of movement happening in Yorkville. In November, Hermes will be moving to the Williams Sonoma building if I recall correctly - it will be 2 floors and 3 times the size of its current location....and Gucci will expand their boutique once Hermes moves. Prada is also expanding and a Moncler to open at the old Sephora location. (Unless they have already, didn't notice last time I was there in February).

I'm in Washington DC but travel to Toronto quite often. [emoji4]

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
Yeah I read that a few months ago since there's a lot of movement happening in Yorkville. In November, Hermes will be moving to the Williams Sonoma building if I recall correctly - it will be 2 floors and 3 times the size of its current location....and Gucci will expand their boutique once Hermes moves. Prada is also expanding and a Moncler to open at the old Sephora location. (Unless they have already, didn't notice last time I was there in February).

I'm in Washington DC but travel to Toronto quite often. [emoji4]
The old Sephora is currently a temporary location for William Ashley until their new store opens in the Colonnade.

I didn't know Gucci was going to take over the old Hermes space. I'm also excited to see the new large Hermes boutique.

Sadiasy

Jun 17, 2016
I spoke to my Dior SA in Atlanta and he said the opening date keeps getting pushed back but for now it looks like August or September!

Reactions: Oleandered