New Designer For Balenciaga

s.tighe

Apr 11, 2015
Exciting! Sounds like exactly the kind of mind Balenciaga needs. I'd never heard of him but after reading the article I'm optimistic. Hope he does brilliant things. He just better not try to kill the moto line, then I will not be on team Demna at all.

Livia1

O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
Hehe, I just noticed ... on the website, under handbags, when AW was there you would have to scroll through all his awful designs and the Moto line would be at the bottom ... now it's the other way around :woohoo:

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
O.G.
Mar 31, 2012
I was very glad to read that AW is gone. Don't like him.. nope, not one bit.

Hoping this new guy is more original that his dress designs in the article though.
Hell, I had the same dresses in the early 90's that I wore with my dr martens, while going through my grunge stage.

Guess we shall see..

muchstuff

"Add to cart"
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
I was very glad to read that AW is gone. Don't like him.. nope, not one bit.

Hoping this new guy is more original that his dress designs in the article though.
Hell, I had the same dresses in the early 90's that I wore with my dr martens, while going through my grunge stage.

Guess we shall see..

Totally agree re: the dress designs!

LJS58

O.G.
Jul 8, 2009
Hehe, I just noticed ... on the website, under handbags, when AW was there you would have to scroll through all his awful designs and the Moto line would be at the bottom ... now it's the other way around :woohoo:

AW designs were not a good fit for Balenciaga. Too stiff, too much overdone hardware, just awful. He likes to be perceived as "edgy", but we've already done punk and grunge. What a bore, not original at all. So glad he's gone, but glad he didn't manage to completely destroy the brand. Looking forward to anyone else.

cay01

Jan 20, 2009
aw designs were not a good fit for balenciaga. Too stiff, too much overdone hardware, just awful. He likes to be perceived as "edgy", but we've already done punk and grunge. What a bore, not original at all. So glad he's gone, but glad he didn't manage to completely destroy the brand. Looking forward to anyone else.
+1