New DE handbag: Marylebone or Trevi?

Babyf4c3

Jul 17, 2012
I am letting go my neverfull mm in damier ebene and speedy b 30 in monogram canvas for a smaller bag.
I just don't have to carry too much stuff anymore because my daughter is now 9 yo.
I was planning to exchange my nf and speedy b with neverfull pm.
But when I went to LV store, I found the neverfull pm was too small and not deep enough, and I hate purse organizer because it tends to put on more weight.
Then my SA showed me the Marylebone PM. I am in love!

I still have my eyes on Trevi PM, and looking out for preloved one. What a coincidence, I found a great preloved Trevi PM.

I am in a dilemma, should I get the Marylebone or Trevi? I only can afford one.
Really appreciate your opinions on this :smile:
Currently my LV bags are Sully MM, Eva in DE, Petit Noe in tricolor epi and Jasmine.

I have tried on both and thought I loved the Marylebone until I took my husband with me. He and SA said it resembled the NF too much. At first I was reluctant to accept that, but un-snapped on sides, it does a little. But it's dressier than the NF. The Trevi to me is too heavy and opening is smallish. Out of the 2, I would get Marylebone.

I assumed you already tried on the Trevi and still like it, I think you should go with Trevi, it is very classy and well made, it looks more elegant than Marylebone and you can dress up or dress down with it. In my opinion, Trevi is the prettiest damier ebene bag that LV made.

I saw the marylebone in the boutique in person and it is a pretty bag. To me it's fancier than the NF but more casual than the Trevi. I never saw either bag before but if I would buy any of the three it would be the marylebone pm...GL with your decision :smile:

I have the Marylebone PM and love it. It is similar to the Neverfull but I prefer the Marylebone. It's very comfortable, the perfect size, love the interior, it's easy to dress up or down...can't say enough great things about it. For a matter of fact, mine is being neglected...I should switch bags soon. I love that there's no leather trim around the top. I was always nervous about cinching the DE NF because of the trim. The DE print with that buttery soft interior and understated style and hardware...:heart: It's a lovely bag and I adore it so Marylebone gets my vote.

I assumed you already tried on the Trevi and still like it, I think you should go with Trevi, it is very classy and well made, it looks more elegant than Marylebone and you can dress up or dress down with it. In my opinion, Trevi is the prettiest damier ebene bag that LV made.

Agree with sleeping! Trevi is a beautiful bag. Marylebone style is a bit different and more like a tote.

Thanks everyone! Trevi is a very classic and beautiful bag. The weight issue is what putting me off of getting it before.
Now the price has gone up like crazy :sad:
I think I will go with the preloved Trevi. A good preloved bag doesn't come everyday, but I can always save up and get the Marylebone in the future.