New Curry City Regular Hardware Pic & 2 more

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
I love this color - Curry/yellow - and the regular hardware, but the bag is not beautiful like my other two. It is more of a fashion statement. The leather doesn't have the depth, the softness, and the natural look that the beige and the Ardoise have. The dye is more painted on? Not sure if I should keep it?? I had a gift card of a few hundred dollars that was going to expire, so I needed to apply it toward the purchase something.

Attachments

• bal.jpg
    bal.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,468
  • Bal2.jpg
    Bal2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,463
  • BalArdoise.jpg
    BalArdoise.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,028
  • bal4.jpg
    bal4.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,425
Last edited:
i tried to navigate to find your picture but no luck :sad:

i've seen curry before and although it is a beautiful color for a bag, i don't think it's for me. not sure if i can say the same for you but if you're not in love with it like your other bags, i would return it and take store credit and wait for something better :smile:

If you like Curry w/ regular hardware, have you considered trying a mini city? They are so adorable in this combo! I totally hate the "painted on" look but i have seen some Curry with deeper saturation.

Here is a picture I saved from Instagram! :biggrin:

Attachments

• image-3096669047.jpg
    image-3096669047.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 1,286
I definitely need the City. Anything else is too small for what I need to hold. And I definitely want regular hardware since I already have 2 RGGH: a 12mm and a 21mm.

Last edited:
I definitely need the City. Anything else is too small for what I need to hold. And I definitely want regular hardware since I already have 2 RGGH: a 12mm and a 21mm.

If you really like the style, maybe ask the store you bought from if they have another one in stock or transfer another one from the other stores?

They have tons of Balenciagas in every color. I just don't need or like any of the other colors. I don't usually carry black bags because black is so unimaginative to me. No offense to anyone here. I just figure if you're gonna spend tons of money on a bag, it should make a statment! I don't want orange or lavendar, and I already have about 5 purple bags and 3 red ones, a couple of blue, several brown and several white (white Bal would get too dirty!). I can't think of anything else I would want or need, and my gift card could not be applied toward Louis Vuitton.

your Ardoise is beautiful~ it still looks blue (I've a Velo, it's more grey now..)
I'm not much help.. but I know what you mean by the color feels painted on. I have that feeling toward one of my bag too, so if I were you, I'd return it.

I agree with the "color painted on" comment. I saw something similar with a tangerine bag in person. The leathers do seem to vary so maybe getting one from another store might help? My personal style is more neutrals, so I am probably of no help here, but i think for this kind of money, it should be wonderful enough that you'll want to carry it often and have only happy thoughts when you use it. Otherwise, it's just money wasted.

Honeylicious, the photo of the Ardoise alone is from when I first got it. It has faded and yellowed a little on the handles.

your Ardoise is beautiful~ it still looks blue (I've a Velo, it's more grey now..)
I'm not much help.. but I know what you mean by the color feels painted on. I have that feeling toward one of my bag too, so if I were you, I'd return it.

If issue is with the type of leather, I agree with previous post that asking for an exchange may be a good idea. As for colour...it's really quite a personal choice. I love Bal city in yellow and own a mangue city (which I adore). Not especially fond of curry though as it seems to neon like to me. Yellow (in the right shade that matches your wardrobe) can be surprisingly versatile!

If you are uncomfortable with the bag for any reason (color, leather quality), I would consider listing the gift card for sale on Craig's List or a similar site, knock $20 off of the value and someone will buy it & you will have some cash to put toward what you want down the line.