New concern! Do you guys think the Rebecca Minkoff Morning After is too trendy?

I think the blogger was more worried about the fact that the bag is popular than the fact that the bag may or may not be outdated in a few years. To some people, it is very important that they carry a bag that will not be seen on another persons arm within the same city. Perhaps, where this person lives, RM bags are popular and they don't want to carry a bag that is commonly seen and risk looking like they are just following the crowd.

I know, I get it... I guess my problem is being a little less savvy about fashion longevity and as a result I don't always buy the things I think are nice and pretty. Just airing out my own fashion demons -- I can't tell you how often I regret NOT having bought something because I thought it was "too popular."

More to the point, I agree with the others that this bag is not a trendy bag. I mean seriously, look at it. It's noticeable but not ridiculous like so many recent fashions. I am so happy to have found something pleasant after the overdone textures and tacky bling of the last couple years. The MAB is practically sedate.

Evidence: http://www.radaronline.com/features/misc_content/061023_scary_handbags/

I dont think the Morning After bag is too trendy at all. Its a very classic shape without too many bells and whistles. Really, it doesnt matter who is wearing the bag, so long as you are happy with it

I don't think it's trendy.

It's quality leather...and I don't think that ever truely goes "out of style" no matter what designer.

Eventually celebrities and those types of people will drop their obsession with RM and flock to something else...they always do...but that doesn't mean the bags won't still be beautiful. Who cares what they think anyway??

I say if you like a bag, a color or a brand wear it for as long as you like it and it looks good with your wardrobe.

I would have to say that it is trendy. You don't necessarily have to care whether it will be 'out' in 5 years but I don't think this bag is a classic one. RM is not extremely well-known and this bag is her trademark bag. If she continues to re-innovate the MA bag in years to come then it might be considered classic but right now, it's just trendy. That's not necessarily always a bad thing though, it might just warrant new bag purchases in the future.

I totally and completely agree. I personally don't think this bag is a "classic" if you're looking for a true classic get a Chanel. But RM's MAB still may become a classic, but all in time. It takes decades for a bag to get its "classic" status, and RM is a fairly new designer (not even 10 years yet!) so yes, right now, the bag is only classified as "trendy" but don't let that stop you, its still gorgeous!!

Thinking about it more, what I think I like about the MA is that it is a classic shape, but the details are trendy (tassels, color, etc.!) I think that is what makes it kind of fun.

Personally, if I love a bag I will carry it no matter what -- I still carry my Botkier trigger! But I agree that it can get annoying to carry a bag that has been knocked off or trendified everywhere. I don't think the MA is like that at all though! Its shape is classic enough not to have this problem. I think the Matinee is the more trendy/unique shape, but even that bag is not, to me, "too trendy."

I'm a RM newbie...in fact, I'm fairly new to the forum (though after just a week of obsessively reading posts, I've bought 2 bags already...). In any case, I am madly in love with the RM pics I've seen posted, but haven't seen anything IRL. Please tell me your thoughts about the Dream bag (I'm looking at a black and pewter) vs. a MAM (in fuchsia...or blue?). Which bag is better!?!?

i too am a rm newbie and have bought a mab in hazelnut and a dream bag in ocean in the past month. I love them both. i find that the MAB is easier to carry on my shoulder and the dream sits better in the bend of my arm. I have gotten more compliments on the MAB but i think that the color is more "traditional" oh, i am 5'10 btw, so i choose the mab over the mam

I'm a RM newbie...in fact, I'm fairly new to the forum (though after just a week of obsessively reading posts, I've bought 2 bags already...). In any case, I am madly in love with the RM pics I've seen posted, but haven't seen anything IRL. Please tell me your thoughts about the Dream bag (I'm looking at a black and pewter) vs. a MAM (in fuchsia...or blue?). Which bag is better!?!?
I dont have either bags but i have seen both in real life. I love the dream bag, there is a thread that desi started which shows her holding the dream bag and it is gorgeous and slouchy, it is beautiful.
As for the mam between the fushia and blue, I would say the fushia. Someone on the forum had one and took pics of it and she looked so cute. Maybe you could search it. The bag looked beautiful as well. Also, I have seen it in real life and it is just a knockout bag. Good luck finding your bag:yahoo:

I think the blogger was more worried about the fact that the bag is popular than the fact that the bag may or may not be outdated in a few years. To some people, it is very important that they carry a bag that will not be seen on another persons arm within the same city. Perhaps, where this person lives, RM bags are popular and they don't want to carry a bag that is commonly seen and risk looking like they are just following the crowd.
I don't have to worry about that where I live! I've seen a total of one MAB.

I know, I get it... I guess my problem is being a little less savvy about fashion longevity and as a result I don't always buy the things I think are nice and pretty. Just airing out my own fashion demons -- I can't tell you how often I regret NOT having bought something because I thought it was "too popular."

More to the point, I agree with the others that this bag is not a trendy bag. I mean seriously, look at it. It's noticeable but not ridiculous like so many recent fashions. I am so happy to have found something pleasant after the overdone textures and tacky bling of the last couple years. The MAB is practically sedate.

Evidence: http://www.radaronline.com/features/misc_content/061023_scary_handbags/
I love your expression "fashion demons" don't we all have them. Speaking of demons-- that Radar article about horror movie bags, too funny & true!

I don't think it's too trendy - I saw a girl in the subway the other day carrying a chocolate MA and it looked soooo good that I kept taking peeks at her. It's understated with beautifully rich colors. I think it's a great everyday bag that isn't flashy, but definitely a head-turner.

The MA was my first big handbag purchase. I had never personally spent over 500 dollars for a purse. I have some classics (LV etc) that were gifts, but in all seriousness, 2 years ago I would have shot anyone a crazy look for spending more than say 200-300 dollars. When I saw, felt, fondled the MA, there was no looking back and I must say the reason I bought her was because I felt it was VERY CLASSIC and would be fashionable for a very long time. That being said, I don't think colors like the fuschia, gold are classics, but brown, green, black, wine...absolutely. My MA is a dark brown with red gingham lining.
I pulled her out the other day as I will be taking her to Naples next week.
SHe is a fabulous travel bag and I have never gone anywhere (even to the grocery store) without a compliment for her.