New Concealer? - Help!

Third vote for Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. I used liquid concealers for years, but the lasting power was poor. This is a much drier formula, and is the longest lasting concealer I've found up till this point. Color match with the dual shades is perfect for me too.

Last edited:
I agree with the mufe full coverage...I should have put it in my first post. I would love to try cdp but jyst can't justify spending that much on a concealer. So many laura mercier recs I'm going to try that one myself. Also, try going to beautypedia to look at concealer reviews.

I saw ulta has the amazing concealer 50% off one day next week. My friend loves it but I couldn't find a color match cuz they were too yellow. It could work if you have dark purple circles under your eyes as a yellowish corrector, but also, I haven't taken a look at the shades for a while. On beautypedia the top pics including mufe are shiseido, origins quick hide (tried this and I can use it for both undereye and blems cuz it doesn't cake or settle), revlon colorstay, becca, dior, of course cdp, and many others at all price points. The shiseido natural finish comes in a .50 oz size along with the mufe. I have struggled with acne longer than I can remember and I read that liquid is supposed to be the best and to especially avoid sticks and heavy cream concealers for this because the wax used to keep them in that form (compared to a liq concealer) can clog pores. I used to have 2 separate concealers but now am just avoiding sticks.

I agree with the mufe full coverage...I should have put it in my first post. I would love to try cdp but jyst can't justify spending that much on a concealer. So many laura mercier recs I'm going to try that one myself. Also, try going to beautypedia to look at concealer reviews.

CDP is pricey, but I'm still using the same stick I purchased a year ago. A little goes a long way. If you go to a department store that carries CDP go ask for a sample. They are more than happy to give out samples.

I saw ulta has the amazing concealer 50% off one day next week. My friend loves it but I couldn't find a color match cuz they were too yellow. It could work if you have dark purple circles under your eyes as a yellowish corrector, but also, I haven't taken a look at the shades for a while. On beautypedia the top pics including mufe are shiseido, origins quick hide (tried this and I can use it for both undereye and blems cuz it doesn't cake or settle), revlon colorstay, becca, dior, of course cdp, and many others at all price points. The shiseido natural finish comes in a .50 oz size along with the mufe. I have struggled with acne longer than I can remember and I read that liquid is supposed to be the best and to especially avoid sticks and heavy cream concealers for this because the wax used to keep them in that form (compared to a liq concealer) can clog pores. I used to have 2 separate concealers but now am just avoiding sticks.

Wow, I didn't know that about stick vs liquid.. I feel like liquid never settles right over blemishes and ends up looking cakey rather than concealing. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to look into some of these more expensive liquid concealers and maybe they would work better.

Thanks again everyone for all the information, this thread has been super helpful to me!

I got the BH Cosmetics new concealer palette when it was on sale a few weeks ago... it's great if you want a thin concealer that feels really light and smooth on your skin. It's not a heavy duty one at all. I don't use it under my eyes, but I do use it to cover small imperfections and light acne because i don't feel like it clogs my pores or irritates my skin.

good luck!

I love The Body Shop concealer pencil. The coverage is fantastic and it caters to any type of skin and is guaranteed not to irritate your skin. I have sensitive skin and this is by far the best I've tried, and it's not tested on animals:heart:

Last edited:
Collection Concealer. It hands down beat my MAC Moisturecover, Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer and the Maybelline and Loreal illuminating ones. And it is super cheap!!!