new color - Teal - thoughts on color?

BeachBagGal

Apr 30, 2014
So I've been eyeing this color (specifically on the 5 zip) and I just love it! Has anyone seen it irl....thoughts/opinions? Do you think this color might be prone to wear like some of the newer colors others have been mentioning or not since it isn't neon???? :thinking:

in my honest opinion, RM over-plays with colors. i've seen this Teal or Turquoise or Mint color every year but in different names. these: Sea Green, Azure, Teal actually look very similar to me. Mint and Minty are actually identical. i do know there're some differences in the colors but that won't make me buy a new bag of the same color group. that explains why i am not interested in her new Teal. my favorite RM teal is Azure in 2013 but i understand many people don't care for the quality of the leather (which is a bit stiff, not buttery nor slouchy).

I am new to RM en got confused bij all the colors witht the same name! I think there as another 'teal' color in a previous season that was much darker? I wanted to know if the current one is a bright color.
The teal color looks very bright on the RM website but on other websites it looks soooo much darker.

Yeah I agree about the color teal looking different on different sites. That's why I was hoping someone had seen it in person and their thoughts. I love the color teal and would love to get something in that color. Which bag were you looking at, MrsJones?

Are they really? I thought Mint was softer and lighter than Minty. Have't seen Minty in person yet.
I have the mint of last year and the light turquoise of this year, I've also seen the "minty" side by side with the light turquoise. I think the "minty" is closer to the light turquoise because they both have hues of blue, while the mint of last year is a hue of green. Minty and Light Turquoise are bluish shades and Mint of last year is green. But that being said, the mint and light turquoise are similar because they are pastel shades:smile: That's just my observation.

Last edited:
in my honest opinion, RM over-plays with colors. i've seen this Teal or Turquoise or Mint color every year but in different names. these: Sea Green, Azure, Teal actually look very similar to me. Mint and Minty are actually identical. i do know there're some differences in the colors but that won't make me buy a new bag of the same color group.

This!

It also confuses me..they seem to come up with new shades every month, but I don't see much of a difference :huh:

This!

It also confuses me..they seem to come up with new shades every month, but I don't see much of a difference :huh:
lol - I thought it was just me!

Of course every site shows the color looking a little different - brighter vs deeper. That's why it's nice to see real photos if you can't see it in person.