new colette

db89

O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
i know its not my imagination..but the new style colette looks an awful lot like the tote they had selling at the outlets this summer ?? \I forgot the name of it .. but I would go as far as .. what is the difference between them?

the main difference is one is an e/w (east/west) tote (the collette) and the other is a n/s (north/south) tote (the julia) also the collette has a zipper where julia is wide open.... =]

Also the strap. Since the Colette is a mix of the Tribeca and Julia totes, there's a mix of both features. So the Colette has the Tribeca strap with the Julia logo design and leather. The strap uses chains linked together.

Also the strap. Since the Colette is a mix of the Tribeca and Julia totes, there's a mix of both features. So the Colette has the Tribeca strap with the Julia logo design and leather. The strap uses chains linked together.

oooh and i forgot to add about that. i know the tribecas had quality control issues of the leather between the chain coming undone. on the collette it's like a thread that comes down from the rest of the strap the runs through so it wont break or come out =]

Has anyone compared the leather of the Collette to the Julia? I saw the Collette in the Macy's showcase recently and the leather is slightly pebbled but looks smoother than Julia's. Julia's leather is really nice and thick. Julia has almost no hardware making her really lightweight. I also love Julia's fun-yet-professional polka dot lining.

My only issue with the Julia Perry tote is the thin straps. I can even live with the open top on a tote, but the thin straps would make me nervous to load this bag to capacity.

My only issue with the Julia Perry tote is the thin straps. I can even live with the open top on a tote, but the thin straps would make me nervous to load this bag to capacity.

I've loaded my julia tote up quite a bit on several occasions and do not worry about the straps anymore. They are actually quite strong. I love using this bag now as I do my christmas shopping... I was able to hide hubby's gift in there while we were out shopping together last weekend.

oooh and i forgot to add about that. i know the tribecas had quality control issues of the leather between the chain coming undone. on the collette it's like a thread that comes down from the rest of the strap the runs through so it wont break or come out =]

haha, you're quite daring! I would be afraid my boyfriend would notice me carrying his present in my bag. It's great that your Julia tote is big enough do that :smile:

I'm a bit surprised they made the Colette considering the fact that they have SO many Julia totes at the Outlet stores :/

Has anyone compared the leather of the Collette to the Julia? I saw the Collette in the Macy's showcase recently and the leather is slightly pebbled but looks smoother than Julia's. Julia's leather is really nice and thick. Julia has almost no hardware making her really lightweight. I also love Julia's fun-yet-professional polka dot lining.

Yes, I ordered the Collette hobo during this PCE, along with the marcasite kristin hobo. Love the hobo--the leather is smooshy and the color is TDF.

NOT NOT NOT in love with Collette. The leather is pebbled but thin to me and not very smooshy. It felt plastic-y, and even worse the drop on the hobo is not enough when you want to wear the bag on your shoulder with a coat on....And who wants to carry a hobo any other way?

The one bonus of the Collette hobo: the pearlescent sheet of the bag is beautiful. The color is very eyecatching.

Dunno if this helps but thought I'd share why I didn't even bother with a reveal of Collette. As soon as I got her, I knew it was not meant to be!:shucks: