New coat each winter?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Every year the coat designers seem better than the previous year. But do we really need to buy a new one? Won't last year's coat still be in good enough shape? I am tempted but I will not do it! I'm mostly tempted by S.w.o.r.d. and Mike & Chris leathers. But I will make last years leather jackets work as that extra money will go toward my J12!:tup:

2. I tend to get a new one almost every year but Yay to saving up for your J12. That's an awesome purchase.

3. i also have a nwe one almost every year, but i still wear some classic black coats which were more than 3 years old.

4. I have a huge coat fetish. Over the years I've amassed so many I can probably wear a different one every day in december!

5. me too. I buy at least a couple every year. I probably have at least 30 and I try to give the ones i don't wear away. I just bought a leather one today actually!

6. OMG! I love coats and have quite a collection. It's not so much getting a new coat every year, but adding to the collection. I actually just got a Miu Miu, that was on sale (after all it was July) In my mind, sometimes all people actually see of your outfit is the coat, shoes--so it's got to be fabulous. In the fall, I really concentrate on "wrappings" coats, shoes, scarves, gloves!

7. Another coat collector here. I buy 2 or three winter coats each year but continue to wear ones from other years. The trendy ones I donate the following year (usually), and all the classic ones last for many many seasons.

8. I always buy new coats each year lol I can't help it. I'm always liking something new. But I still have old coats that I love and could never part with that I will be wearing as well. =)

9. I bought two new winter coats toward the end of the season (in March) when they were almost 90% off! I am looking forward to wearing them!

10. I used to be a coat/jacket fiend, but I've scaled back in the past few years more so because my closet couldn't handle it anymore:rolleyes: I've managed to whittle it down to a handful of classic wool coats, and down/fleece stuff.

11. I always get new jackets in the winter. I have kept the same north face denali and ski jacket though for 3 years. i love both. i get new bombers though from hollister or abercrombie and lighter north face fleeces.

12. I usually get new coats for winter. But, I'm in Canada and it's cold so long that it's really important.

13. I usually buy 2-3 new coats each year & donate 1-2 a year. Here's the thing, during the winter sometimes my coat is the only thing people see (other than my bags or shoes), so I like to have a variety of outerwear.

14. i usually get a new one every year because i have a big thing for cute coats :smile:

15. You sound very reasonable but for some reason I can't resist buying jackets/coats....now I am running out of space for them all....

I live in Canada...70% of the year people see mainly my coats/jackets so thats what I invest in.....PLUS handbags ofcourse!