New Coach Turnlocks

Wait i am so confused this is the 1st time i am reading about these turn locks

and so what you guys are saying is if they break and you take it to coach after paying hundreds of dollars it

they just tell you :too bad:???

there isnt anything they will do they wont refund , store credit, fix or replace the bag???

this makes no sense to me if my turnlock broke you better believe coach would be doing something about it, I would NEVER stand for that i would be at the coach companys headquarters calling managers and heads of corp until someone did something

that is a bunch of crap they cannot sell you a product that expensive and do NOTHING if it breaks,,,,,

please tell me have i misunderstood or is there going to be a fight if mine breaks ;)
haha

I believe the issue to be that Coach cannot fix a broken turnlock. I believe that they will give you a store credit. Or exchange it. But since the legacy's are becoming so rare, you might just have to settle for the credit.

And I think the concern is over the fact that you fall in love this a bag and the turnlock breaks and then you *just* receive store credit, when you really just want your original bag fixed.

o haha ok well i just didnt know if they were offering no help what so ever

but i def. know what yoou mean i would hate to love my bag so much (as i do) and then have to choose between using it a bit messed up or not having it at all!

thats very very annoying :sad: grr my ergo better not break i dont even have it yet but im worried!

but i am totally going to use the pocket with the turnlock i have to i am all about using my pockets so i cant survive without them!

o haha ok well i just didnt know if they were offering no help what so ever

but i def. know what yoou mean i would hate to love my bag so much (as i do) and then have to choose between using it a bit messed up or not having it at all!

thats very very annoying :sad: grr my ergo better not break i dont even have it yet but im worried!

but i am totally going to use the pocket with the turnlock i have to i am all about using my pockets so i cant survive without them!
I asked distribution and they said, "do not worry, they have plenty of turnlocks and they will definitely stand behind their product and replace them". Does that help your worry, hope so.

I'm still really confused about this whole turnlock issue. From what I understood, the problem was with the original batch of Legacy bags, that the problem was identified, the bags were recalled, and the problem was fixed, with those bags that had refurbished turnlocks going to the outlets. Customers who had turnlocks break from that original batch got their bags replaced (or offered store credit if the bag wasn't available), and that all the bags in stores since then do not have that issue.

So, I thought, anyone buying a bag since then should not have to worry about it because the problem was with the original bags released earlier last fall.

Are people having problems with bags that were bought at full-price stores recently?

I'm still really confused about this whole turnlock issue. From what I understood, the problem was with the original batch of Legacy bags, that the problem was identified, the bags were recalled, and the problem was fixed, with those bags that had refurbished turnlocks going to the outlets. Customers who had turnlocks break from that original batch got their bags replaced (or offered store credit if the bag wasn't available), and that all the bags in stores since then do not have that issue.

So, I thought, anyone buying a bag since then should not have to worry about it because the problem was with the original bags released earlier last fall.

Are people having problems with bags that were bought at full-price stores recently?

Thats my understanding...except for the "recall" part....I think the ones coming back bad are being refurbished and going to outlets...but I didn't get any kind of recall notice on my bag which was an early bag. When I had a problem I brought it in and they replaced it on the spot. But no I've had no problem with any of my other legacy bags...

Thats my understanding...except for the "recall" part....I think the ones coming back bad are being refurbished and going to outlets...but I didn't get any kind of recall notice on my bag which was an early bag. When I had a problem I brought it in and they replaced it on the spot. But no I've had no problem with any of my other legacy bags...

Oh, sorry, recall was a bad choice of words on my part. I meant that the ones that were still in stores when they discovered the problem got sent back. It wasn't an actual "recall", just that the ones in stores got pulled until they fixed the problem.

I have barely been using the front pockets on my shoulder bags for the same reason. I don't want the turnlocks to break, so I basically don't use them. But the whole idea of the shoulder bag are those front pockets! :crybaby: I'm deathly afraid of them breaking and not being able to replace my bag.

I had an ali where the turnlock broke off - they replaced it. Now I RARELY use the turnlock. Funny thing is I have an old stewardess bag from the late 1960's-early 1970's - very old and has seen a lot of use and that turnlock is going strong. I would really like to know what the deal is with these pieces. Must be cheaply made and as we all know, they are no longer made in the U.S.A.

I had an ali where the turnlock broke off - they replaced it. Now I RARELY use the turnlock. Funny thing is I have an old stewardess bag from the late 1960's-early 1970's - very old and has seen a lot of use and that turnlock is going strong. I would really like to know what the deal is with these pieces. Must be cheaply made and as we all know, they are no longer made in the U.S.A.

The problem was that that particular batch of turnlocks was defective. I don't think it has to do with them being made outside of the USA. Now that they're making the bags with different turnlocks, it's not a problem anymore. The turnlock problem relates to the ORIGINAL batch of Legacy bags, not the current ones.

Edited to add: Maybe this should be in the FAQ or somewhere. It seems like a lot of people are worried about buying NEW bags with turnlocks. It really should not be an issue with new bags...just with those made in the original batch with the defective turnlocks. So if those bags show up on eBay, or if someone bought one from that batch back in the fall, then they should be concerned. BUT anyone considering buying a new one should NOT have to worry about it.

^ Sialia - I agree with everything you said in your posts. I had heard it was the original batch of turnlocks that were bad. I haven't had a problem at all with mine and my 3 were bought early this year, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;) It just still makes me worried about them, and I'm extra careful with them and don't want to use the turnlocks very much. :P Hopefully all the latest ones will be just fine. :yes: