new clutch from YSL's Spring 09 RTW show

May 23, 2006
Not many bags were featured. I think Stefano Pilati wants to keep the focus on the clothes, at least on the runway, lol! But there was this new clutch--everywhere. After years of featuring enormous bags, I guess YSL is going small and simple...

(pics from Style.com)

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• clutch1.jpg
    clutch1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,378
  • clutch2.jpg
    clutch2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,384
  • clutch3.jpg
    clutch3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,363
  • clutch4.jpg
    clutch4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 830
I guess they made it match with the outfits by color/fabric... Can they be more creative with the actual clutch appearance for the regular buyers? The chain is lovely.

Thank you for the pictures!

I always find it interesting during fashion week that design houses that rely on handbag revenue as their bread and butter are loathe to actually feature many of them on the runway. I understand that designers want to keep the focus forward-looking--on their latest "vision" for the clothes--and that YSL, for instance, would never want to show the Muse, which came out in 05, during an 09 runway show. I just wish that there was some other venue to showcase the handbags that they'll actually be marketing to the retail masses. Especially since YSL.com does a pretty poor job of displaying the seasonal colors for their bags.

I like the detail on the chain handle, but agree with the others that the rest of it looks almost like a freebie cosmetic case. If they produced it in various leathers then it might be more interesting for a small wrist bag.

I like the Belle du Jour version better, especially how the chain is connect to the case. I'm not so crazy about the leather "tab" the chain is connected to on the new one.

Speaking of the Belle du Jour wristlet, does anyone know what the inside looks like? Does it have pockets? Anyone have a photo of the interior?