New CLs are going back and here's why...

Tiffany_Darling

Refined
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
The green patent peep toes came and at first I really liked them. :yahoo:I'm not big on green but I have a ton of tan and red dresses that I could pair them with. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the gold toe material is scratched.:sad: It's strange as the soles are untouched but the toes on both shoes are clearly scuffed.:confused1: I tried to take close up shots but it may be hard to tell. I pay more for certain items so that I don't have to worry about this. If this is what they look like now I fear what they will look like after a few nights out. What do you ladies think? I added a few other pics of the shoes and because they are so dark put a black piece of paper against them for comparison purposes.

picture002hk5.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 123
Actually any metallic leather peep-toe tip (or metallic leather heel) on CL shoes is easily prone to scratches/rubbing. Most of the display CL shoes with metallic leather peep-toe tips or metallic leather heels show some degree of scratches; even many of the ones fresh in the boxes show a bit of scratch/rubbing (just transporting them in their shoe boxes can cause the tips to get scratched)....so that aspect really is inevitable. This is something I just have to take into consideration when ordering CL's with metallic leather peep-toe tips or metallic heels. So for CL's like the "Architeck" (where the blush metallic peep-toe tip and heel topping can get scratched/rubbed very easily), I'd go with black leather version.

For me, it's not that big of a deal, but if it bothers you that much, then return them. Sometimes, I get shoes that have scuff marks and I've concluded that they are from the paper/cardboard inside the box when they're stored.

(sigh)

I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I guess I will be heading to Saks tomorrow. I don't mind a scuff here or there after I wear them. Great ... that means I get to fight through the tourists and early Christmas shoppers :boxing:. At least it gives me an excuse to go back to the 8th floor. I saw some black cowhide (?) pumps and they were so lovely. :love:

They are such a gorgeous shoe no one will even notice the scuffs. You will be the only one who knows they are there. I have found some tiny imperfections in some of my shoes so I know how you feel about them exisiting at all in a high end shoe. It has not yet stopped me from rocking them! I wish I could have gotten my hands on a pair of the green patent VPs! VPs are my most coveted Louboutin shoe.

I have VPs in nude with gold tip. The gold does scratch and scuff, but because the gold is a pale color, I don't have a problem with it. I have a pair of pigalles in the same sort of goldish nappa, and it's a similar aging process. I think with the contrast of the green, it looks wonderful. But if you don't like it, def return it. CL's are too expensive to feel blase about your purchase.

I can't really notice the scratches or scuffs in your photos, but I do know what you are referring to. All of my metallic CL shoes have either scuffed or the metallic paint has rubbed off. I don't think that it is very noticeable and I highly doubt that anyone would notice this. If it bothers you, you should try to get a new pair that are in perfect condition. If that is not available, try to get the SA to give you a defect discount.
Either way, they are gorgeous shoes.

shoes are handled pretty roughly at the store. i've seen $800 louboutins just thrown around at saks, etc. frankly it doesnt really bother me about yoru shoe because that will probably happen after the first couple of wears anyways but if it bothers you then take it back.

I have the same exact Prives & yes, the gold does scratch and scuff...but you cant tell unless you put the shoe in front of your face. Since they are new I guess you should bring them back for a new pair, but check the new ones first. They are probably all like that. Its a beautiful shoe, so I suggest just keeping it.