New clash

This is plain awful, I‘m sorry for being blunt, but I just can’t :annoyed: I mean, these are adult toys, the whole collection that is. Yes, back in the day there were some scandalous clients who privately ordered bejeweled adult stuff from Cartier, so kinkiness does run with the brand, but that was like hidden deep bc - again - it was for private orders. So, Cartier was never associated with kinky, and I really dislike that they embraced that part of their background with the New Clash collection.
The ”pendant” reminds me of a Mattel (the Barbie doll manufacturer) scandal - some ignorant manager approved (hopefully, innocently) the design of a Ken doll with this c*** ring :lol: which was officially the “Disco Ken” or sth, but immediately raised brows and became known as the “C*** Ring Ken”:lol: (is googleable, btw). And the doll was actually manufactured and sold :lol: but eventually they had to pull it off the market. I guess, the guy who designed the doll had a very good laugh.
Here, I mean, I feel that Cartier’s solid tasteful image gets washed down quite a bit. Cartier aren’t some up-and-coming rebel jeweller whose marketing strategy envolves provocation and affront to society. I don’t know what they were thinking approving the design. I try to imagine items from this collection on display, all beatifully lit, in Cartier stores :facepalm: :giggle: Maybe they’ll leave it for the private room only…

I honestly thought it was just me, but when I first saw the ring posted on another thread, all I could see was some sort of xxx toy and I was :amazed::wtf: . I’m all for brands coming up with creative designs, but this is where I draw the line.

Last edited:
This is plain awful, I‘m sorry for being blunt, but I just can’t :annoyed: I mean, these are adult toys, the whole collection that is. Yes, back in the day there were some scandalous clients who privately ordered bejeweled adult stuff from Cartier, so kinkiness does run with the brand, but that was like hidden deep bc - again - it was for private orders. So, Cartier was never associated with kinky, and I really dislike that they embraced that part of their background with the New Clash collection.
The ”pendant” reminds me of a Mattel (the Barbie doll manufacturer) scandal - some ignorant manager approved (hopefully, innocently) the design of a Ken doll with this c*** ring :lol: which was officially the “Disco Ken” or sth, but immediately raised brows and became known as the “C*** Ring Ken”:lol: (is googleable, btw). And the doll was actually manufactured and sold :lol: but eventually they had to pull it off the market. I guess, the guy who designed the doll had a very good laugh.
Here, I mean, I feel that Cartier’s solid tasteful image gets washed down quite a bit. Cartier aren’t some up-and-coming rebel jeweller whose marketing strategy envolves provocation and affront to society. I don’t know what they were thinking approving the design. I try to imagine items from this collection on display, all beatifully lit, in Cartier stores :facepalm: :giggle: Maybe they’ll leave it for the private room only…

Waitttttttt.... I didn't know any of this and now I'm googling on a Thursday night!!