NEW CITY - Small City - I'm so excited!!

So is this Small size more like the older style they called The First?
Yes and no. I actually prefer to carry a First with a longer Mautto strap for the following reasons:
The Firsts have nicer leather - especially the 2005 Chèvre - I have three 2005's and a 2009 Raison which has dryer leather which actually reminds me of my 2016 Violet Prune Small City.
I can put my iPhone 8 Plus in the outside pocket of my first bags. I can't do that with my Small City.
The First has thicker handles.
The Small City is a bit smaller than the first.
The Small City is a bit more "structured". I prefer the Firsts slouchiness.
The Small City has Shiny Hardware. I like the aged looking Hardware of the First.
I thought the Small City was the bag of my dreams when it came out because it had the adjustable crossbody strap which I have to admit is amazing and perfect, but I have only carried my Small City 6 times in the year since I purchased it. I do like the look of the bag with the upper corner leather and flaps like the regular City. It's a very beautiful bag. Much more practical than the mini.

Last edited:
Reactions: chanellover
I've been searching for a black goatskin classic metallic edge city s with silver hardware...However I've been only seeing the gold hardware online and in store. Do any of you know whether the silver hardware version has been discontinued?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: CSG
I've been searching for a black goatskin classic metallic edge city s with silver hardware...However I've been only seeing the gold hardware online and in store. Do any of you know whether the silver hardware version has been discontinued?

Thanks in advance!

Update: just seen you want the metallic edge! Sorry, missed this detail. I leave you the info in case you (or anyone on the thread) are interested.

I’ve just seen one at Departement Feminin, and it’s on sale!

I don’t know if you will be able to open the link since it’s a registered-clients’-only sale. But you can register and then you’ll see it!

http://www.departementfeminin.com/fr/produit/sac-classic-city-small-noir-rivet-argent-1.php

IMG_1510746246.061122.jpg

Last edited: