New Chloe...Should I keep a metallic?

1. I just bought a new Metallic Chloe on sale (at Nordstrom) for $795, it was originally 1800! I know it's a great deal, but do you think Metallics will be OUT of style soon? Is it worth it to keep it if I will only carry it for one season? help!

It looks like this, but I think it's the bigger version
    http://www.purseblog.com/images/chloe_metallic_gold_silverado_satchel.jpg

2. as long as the color isn't too bling-y should be fine. but do you really love the style enough to carry it more than one season?

3. I agree w/ fayden but then again thats a FANTASTIC deal! I dont like the style of the purse as much as I like the Paddy but I'd still keep it for that price!

4. here's my reply from the other thread you made :smile:

Designer metallic bags will become classics each year imo. even lv is coming out with its mirroire line this fall in stores. the guccissima gold remains a hot item. and marc jacobs, dior and chanel also have metallic classics in their new collections. i believe they are here to stay, especially the leather-dyed luxe metallics. i too almost thought they would be gone but i think it is just the boho-inspired ones or the too-much-studded/grommets/tassled ones that will go. the metallic dye is too beautiful for a leather fashion item for the fashionistas to forget it.

5. I have a gold silverado - just bought it in the NAP sale. It is the most stunning bag I own. I think metallics are classics too - especially this one because it's not that bling - it's a very muted antique gold and it looks great with everything I wear. It will fit very nicely into my autumn/winter wardrobe too. I have yet to find anything it doesn't work with really. It's a stunner. Here's some pics from when I opened mine:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/shes-here-gold-silverado-deserves-her-own-thread-31231.html

6. I have made this post before. My metallic silver paddington started chipping three months after I purchased it. So beware. I was so upset and Net A Porter took it right back!

7. So sorry that happened, I heard a few stories about the metallic paddies. But the Silverado leather is completely different. It has a very thick graining and is very durable. I nearly had a fit the other day because I scraped it against a wall, and was surprised to find that it didn't even mark. It seems to be quite a tough little cookie :yes:

8. OO thats good! it didn't chip from me cratching it against something it started rubbing off. But it seems the silverado is different. I just wanted to warn everyone so they know before getting it. But if you get it from Nordstrom I am sure they will take it back if something like that happens.

9. I say keep it.

10. It helps to know what color and what style too. Some styles are more durable than others, imo. Congrats though! I think the metallics will be big again in fall too, aren't they every year? :wonder: Sometimes, I feel like we go in circles.

11. I say keep it too! I have 2 anthracite bags the paddy & zippy and they are amazing .......... no problems with color rubbing or anything ... I've had them for 8 months and use them weekly.
    You got a Scccchhhmmmmoookin deal -- CONGRATS!

12. You'll love the metallic bag... I carried my silver paddy into Saks tonight and the SA in the handbags commented on it- saying "I have people calling and asking for that bag but they can't get it" and saying how great a metallic is to wear with jeans... I love mine and metallics are still in for fall from everything I've seen. My only prob is I need to start carrying my chocolate betty-- but so far I can't seem to put the silver paddy down!

13. Keep it!!! :smile:
    I think metallic colours, specially the gold one are very easy to work into an outfit with earthy colours, particularly black, brown, marron or red. This colour is definitely not a one season colour :yes:

14. Is it the silverado large doctor?! I just paid over $1900 (including tax) earlier this year on that! :cry: How come I miss out on the great deals? I need to learn to be patient..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice