New chanel lover need help pls!!!

pinkym

Sep 8, 2009
Malaysia
hey peeps :woohoo:,

i really need from all of you. i am a new chanel lover!! hehehe.. i used to love LV alot but now since i know there are alot of fakes and it is very common, my love for it faded... and my love for chanel grew!!! :woohoo:the moment i saw the 2.55 classic flap, i fell in love with it.. as i know there are 2 types, lambskin and caviar! i'm considering on getting one but i do not know which should i choose, lambskin or caviar? which color? can someone help me out? perhaps you all could tell me more about 2.55 classic flap. i dont plan to get either black or white because i have quite a number of bags in black and i dont think i can take care of white bags... pls help me out! suggestions??:ty:

JEKOBON

armcandies
Aug 3, 2009
SG
for me i bought black caviar as it doesnt need much maintenance and i have no worries bout color transfer! if you decide to get seasonal colors, its probably best to get it in lambskin as lambskin can bring out the full color. do you see any color that caught your eye in this recent season collection?

pinkym

Sep 8, 2009
Malaysia
for me i bought black caviar as it doesnt need much maintenance and i have no worries bout color transfer! if you decide to get seasonal colors, its probably best to get it in lambskin as lambskin can bring out the full color. do you see any color that caught your eye in this recent season collection?

ooohhh actually i wanted to take black, but my sister got black so i thought i should get another color as we both can share!! well i kinda like beige or the navy blue... like these!!! is it still available in the boutique??

picture credit to the owners!!

Last edited:

Jing Ling

Nov 13, 2009
OP, welcome to Chanel forum. Please check this thread. It contains a valuable information regarding 255 (reissue) and the classic flap. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-reference-library/reference-2-55-vs-classic-flaps-407757.html.

Regarding the leather, 255 is only available in lambskin. On the other hand, the classic flap comes in lambskin as well as caviar. The lambskin has a very smooth feel and it has a luxury look. However, it is quite sensitive. The caviar is more texture and less sensitive.

Regarding the color, I think it is more on personal preference. If you like vibrant color, Chanel has a wide variety of choices (red seems quite popular nowdays). Beige is one of Chanel's all-time favorite if you are more on subtle color.....

nighteyes

♥
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
hey peeps :woohoo:,

i really need from all of you. i am a new chanel lover!! hehehe.. i used to love LV alot but now since i know there are alot of fakes and it is very common, my love for it faded... and my love for chanel grew!!! :woohoo:the moment i saw the 2.55 classic flap, i fell in love with it.. as i know there are 2 types, lambskin and caviar! i'm considering on getting one but i do not know which should i choose, lambskin or caviar? which color? can someone help me out? perhaps you all could tell me more about 2.55 classic flap. i dont plan to get either black or white because i have quite a number of bags in black and i dont think i can take care of white bags... pls help me out! suggestions??:ty:
Don't wanna be a downer here but you should know that Chanel is getting more common and more commonly faked... LOL.

Suggestions for first flap here: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-first-chanel-548174.html

How about beige, or a color like red/blue? Navy blue caviar would be perfect for you if you're looking for a gorgeous low-maintenance color but don't want black.

pinkym

Sep 8, 2009
Malaysia
Don't wanna be a downer here but you should know that Chanel is getting more common and more commonly faked... LOL.

Suggestions for first flap here: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-first-chanel-548174.html

How about beige, or a color like red/blue? Navy blue caviar would be perfect for you if you're looking for a gorgeous low-maintenance color but don't want black.

well you are so right.. even chanel are getting popular in my country but somehow LV is always on the top list!!:biggrin:

talking about chanel colors, i believe these seasonal colors are hard to find right?? i have called the boutique and they told me in malaysia here, we only have black and white for classic flap! so sad!!

Jun 3, 2006
unfortunately, seasonal colours might need to be wait listed. Black and beige are a part of the permanent collection.
Good luck in finding the right colour for you.