New CHANEL lambskin WOC scratched to hell

libbyty

Apr 19, 2018
Hey guys, I got my first Chanel bag/leather good 2 days ago, and it's literally scratched to hell and back. Is this just part of the package, or is there something I should do about it? A bag that costs $2100 should really be a bit more resilient, but I guess I'm just a newbie. I have only purchased Chanel ready to wear up until this point, none of which have been leather pieces, so I'm a bit new to this.

Any tips for how to care for the bag would be very much appreciated! Thank you girls :smile:

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear this about your WOC :sad: Ive heard so much about the fragility of lamb that I'm so scared, but I love the luxurious look over it compared to caviar. Do you have any photos? I'm considering getting a mini in lamb and might have to either be super careful or reconsider :sad:

I heard the buffing cloth is supposed to help?

Hey guys, I got my first Chanel bag/leather good 2 days ago, and it's literally scratched to hell and back. Is this just part of the package, or is there something I should do about it? A bag that costs $2100 should really be a bit more resilient, but I guess I'm just a newbie. I have only purchased Chanel ready to wear up until this point, none of which have been leather pieces, so I'm a bit new to this.

Any tips for how to care for the bag would be very much appreciated! Thank you girls :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping to get lambskin bag one day but I'm afraid too. Can you please share the pictures? By the way, if you don't recall what you did to make the bag that scratched up, I would bring it back to boutique.

I have a lambskin mini with no scratches. I do try to be careful and yes she has her special little satin box she sits in in the passenger seat, but other than that I am just careful ...I love the lambskin and plan on getting my holy grail in lamb skin which is the classic flap, medium....I am just careful. BUT, if you received the bag all scratched up then that is just wrong. You should receive the bag in pristine condition and THEN "YOU" can scratch it up, LOL...meaning if you do it that's you but you should receive it with no scratches. You should return it and get a new one.

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear this about your WOC :sad: Ive heard so much about the fragility of lamb that I'm so scared, but I love the luxurious look over it compared to caviar. Do you have any photos? I'm considering getting a mini in lamb and might have to either be super careful or reconsider :sad:

I heard the buffing cloth is supposed to help?

i'm sorry i did include a photo but this stupid website didnt upload it, smh

Attachments

• 31044383_195136367764476_781176984033034240_n.jpg
    31044383_195136367764476_781176984033034240_n.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,440
I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping to get lambskin bag one day but I'm afraid too. Can you please share the pictures? By the way, if you don't recall what you did to make the bag that scratched up, I would bring it back to boutique.

Attachments

• 31044383_195136367764476_781176984033034240_n.jpg
    31044383_195136367764476_781176984033034240_n.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,293
I have a 2013 lambskin red woc from the boutique . I've used and abused it. It's my most used bag and it looks really good still. The strap is probably darker but I was planning on sending it to leather surgeon later. The lambskin barely has scratches. I would try to rub the scratch with just your finger . That usually takes out the scratch from most of my lambskin purses

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kisa
I have the same exact woc (black lambskin, ghw) for over a year and have used mine for everything. I've bumped into things and am guilty of throwing it around in the car and have had my dogs jump on me. I use it for everyday use so it's usually on a table in the kitchen and not stored in it's dust bag. It does show signs of wear on the upper flaps where the chain rubs but other than that it's in good condition.

Have you tried rubbing the scratches out? I usually wipe my forehead and rub if I notice something and it does the trick with lambskin. Were the scratches there before you used it?

Reactions: mssmelanie