New Chanel Bio: Is anyone else reading it?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. On September 21, a new Coco Chanel biography was released here in the US. It is called "Coco Chanel: The Legend and the Life" by Justine Picardie. Here is a link to the book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Coco-Chanel-Legend-Justine-Picardie/dp/0061963852/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1285458323&sr=1-4

I just started reading it and I was wondering if anyone else was? I'm only a couple of chapters in, but so far it is good. It is different than the Axel Madsen bio. It tries to elaborate on different versions of stories that Coco told while she was alive (and sort out the facts from the fiction). It has more photos than I expected and some of them I hadn't seen before.

I thought that I would start a "book club" thread so those who are reading it can discuss.

2. Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered my book today! I am looking forward to reading it...

3. I bought it also. Starting soon.

4. Oooooh! Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to stop by Borders today and see if they have it and I'll pick it up and start reading. Great idea for the book club! :smile:

5. oooh. Can't wait, I want to pick up a copy ASAP!

6. I've got mine on the way! Looks great!

7. Did anyone get their book yet?

8. I'm interested in reading it. I'm just finishing the book I'm reading now so perhaps I can run pick it up today. Note, I read my books slowly as most often I just read a few pages before I sleep.

9. Thank you for the heads up. I've downloaded the Kindle version and shall start reading.....:biggrin:

10. this is a great idea, i will pick up the book this afternoon :smile: Thanks for the info

11. I got my copy a week or so ago from Amazon. I pre-ordered it and got a free cotton tote bag with it - cream with a pencil sketch of Coco by Karl Lagerfeld on it!!!!

12. ^^^ Fun! I just ordered one. I hope it comes with the goodies!

13. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon too, but it didn't come with any goodies.

14. Just pre-ordered mine from Amazon Japan. Can't wait. Thanks for the heads up!

15. I did not see a Kindle version. Are you sure it is this new book?