New Chanel Bag!!! Ahhh

Chanel classic in caviar or lambskin?

• Total voters

tabby1997

Feb 13, 2017
On Saturday in Chanel's Bond Street store in London I purchased my first Chanel bag (well I have already have a WOC but this is my first proper bag from Chanel). Anyway, I went in not planning on purchasing anything and then before I know it, I'm buying a classic chanel bag in caviar with SHW. My SA was very professional and made the whole experience feel very special - a moment I will never forget!

After my SA showed me the bag I was thinking I will purchase it but what definitely secured my decision was because my SA explained that since I had started to look at the bag (only about 20 mins before) a waiting list had already been created and someone was on hold on the phone all to look at the bag after me if I decided to not buy it. He also informed me the reason for this was because the store is only allowed to sell one classic per day!! I did not know this! Anyway this secured my decision in purchasing it, making it feel exclusive! I hear people are on waiting lists for months for the medium classic bag, so am so surprised that I managed to just walk in and purchase it! What has everyone else experienced?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-7.jpg
    FullSizeRender-7.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,326
  • IMG_4731.JPG
    IMG_4731.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 1,313
  • IMG_4733.JPG
    IMG_4733.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,327
Congrats on the purchase! What a classic beauty!
I've seen people buy 2-3 classic bags in one sitting at the Bond store before...maybe it's a new rule they have..YAY! Lucky you!

I was in new bond st on saturday and that was the exact bag they showed me, i passed as the SA said it was the last one and i could tell it had been tried on a few times. I went to harrods and got one that still had all the wrapping on. They definitely try and pressure you into purchasing though! No way are they that hard to get hold of. Every store i went in had them available. Enjoy your bag!! We are medium classic twins [emoji173]

Congrats on your bag!! The one classic per day rule is definitely not true though, the New Bond street store must sell loads of classics everyday. When I bought my medium flap from there, a few others are also making purchase of this same exact bag, caviar classic flap in black with either silvet hardware or gold hardware. I find it very shady that the SA would say something like that to you to persuade you to buy.

On Saturday in Chanel's Bond Street store in London I purchased my first Chanel bag (well I have already have a WOC but this is my first proper bag from Chanel). Anyway, I went in not planning on purchasing anything and then before I know it, I'm buying a classic chanel bag in caviar with SHW. My SA was very professional and made the whole experience feel very special - a moment I will never forget!

After my SA showed me the bag I was thinking I will purchase it but what definitely secured my decision was because my SA explained that since I had started to look at the bag (only about 20 mins before) a waiting list had already been created and someone was on hold on the phone all to look at the bag after me if I decided to not buy it. He also informed me the reason for this was because the store is only allowed to sell one classic per day!! I did not know this! Anyway this secured my decision in purchasing it, making it feel exclusive! I hear people are on waiting lists for months for the medium classic bag, so am so surprised that I managed to just walk in and purchase it! What has everyone else experienced?
Ok - first and foremost... proper congrats on your first proper bag (though I do think the WOC is quite proper...:P)
Now, though I'm not from UK, I can assure you that I have no problem walking out with 4 classics in one visit... so... not true on the limit I would think...
Don't worry about whether or not it's "brand new/show before" or whether or not there's a limit. Here's my perspective for what it's worth...
Though it's not as limited as the SA tried to make it out to be, it is true that there are plenty of people (just read the threads) looking for a "good" classic without issues and met their expectations. there ARE people on wait list for long time - that is true.
First of all, you got great customer service and good first experience service perspective - how great is that compared to all the horror stories?
Many people can't find a good classic either because 1) leather is too dull/plastic looking 2) quilts are so flat looking/deflated, 3) has problems with stitching/scratch/dents/wrinkles, etc you name it... 4) the color of the black is not "deep" enough, etc etc.
Your bag is very deep shiny black caviar that has very puffy quilts. If it doesn't have any quality problems, I would certainly not mind anything else.
Congrats and enjoy this gorgeous M/L. it's so versatile I'm sure it'll be one of your most loved Chanel pieces no matter how many more you add in the future. for sure. :tup: :flowers:

Congrats on your new CF!! I'm sure it was very exciting for you. And it's great to hear you had an amazing experience. Your Chanel family is growing!

I was in new bond st on saturday and that was the exact bag they showed me, i passed as the SA said it was the last one and i could tell it had been tried on a few times. I went to harrods and got one that still had all the wrapping on. They definitely try and pressure you into purchasing though! No way are they that hard to get hold of. Every store i went in had them available. Enjoy your bag!! We are medium classic twins [emoji173]

you couldn't just be happy for her??? had to really rub it in huh..... geez you might as well have just said "yours has been handled many times, i'm too good for it and passed on it" but no "we're bag twins" you are so FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!

to OP - your bag is BEAUTIFUL!!! and i agree with @Vanana who cares if it's been tried on before?? your quilts are puffy, the caviar is shiny. congrats on your first chanel, it's a STUNNING choice!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

SPLENDID choice!!! Love how puffy and shiny your quilts are :biggrin:. It's gonna be well used, grab n go bad hehe. But yes I've had an SA told me they're gonna discontinue the Classic Flap 2 years ago too, n I did feel like he just pushing a sale. But I got it regardless cause it was my combo :smile:.