new Celine smooth box leather on mini

HermesLuv

O.G.
Sep 9, 2010
Hi all! Yesterday I was at Barney's and came across a black smooth leather Mini luggage. The price tag however was $3250, not $2000. I asked the SA why the price was higher and she described it as being their finest smooth leather. It was thicker and much stiffer than the traditional smooth leather. Has anyone else also seen this leather? I really liked that it was stiffer and probably would keep its shape longer, but I don't know if its worth the extra $1250.

I haven't seen these new bags, but I do agree that the price is a little outrageous. I think the smooth leather on the original smooth luggage bags was already pretty darned nice. Even if it is thicker (which may make it heavier) or made by hand, I still wouldn't pay $1200 more for it. It'll be interesting to see whether to these are a good seller or if they end up sitting on store shelves

I haven't seen these new bags, but I do agree that the price is a little outrageous. I think the smooth leather on the original smooth luggage bags was already pretty darned nice. Even if it is thicker (which may make it heavier) or made by hand, I still wouldn't pay $1200 more for it. It'll be interesting to see whether to these are a good seller or if they end up sitting on store shelves

i totally agree with you
merry xmas

^Eeek, in that case I think I'll pass on this one, my regular smooth mini has held up really well for over a year despite the slouching there is not a scratch on her!