New CBS daytime show 'The Talk'

I don't know if Ican take Holly Robinson Peete on a talk panel, she annoyed me on Celeb Apprentice....

Ditto. Everytime I see her now all I can do is change the channel and roll my eyes.

I am confused though - are they ALL going to be on the show?? I mean the women on The View talk over themselves all the time and there is only four of them. I can't imagine all of these women having the same conversation and not interrupting each other all of the time.

Ditto. Everytime I see her now all I can do is change the channel and roll my eyes.

I am confused though - are they ALL going to be on the show?? I mean the women on The View talk over themselves all the time and there is only four of them. I can't imagine all of these women having the same conversation and not interrupting each other all of the time.

I know right! I wonder if the show will last for more than one or two seasons. What time is it on, in the late morning?
edit: I checked my local listings and it airs at 1pm.

I'm in for giving it a try. I like Julie Chen from her Big Brother duties, and have always liked Sharon and Leah so it looks good to me. I just can't stand The View, so this might be a good alternative.

JULIE CHEN ABSENT FROM 'THE TALK' ...Sharon Osbourne Tears Up
http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/10/julie...misconduct-absent-sharon-osbourne/?adid=hero1

Julie Chen is taking time off her gig on CBS' "The Talk" to be with husband, Les Moonves, who just resigned from heading up the network amid sexual misconduct allegations, and Sharon Osbourne says people at CBS -- including the ladies at "The Talk" -- are fearful of losing their jobs.

Julie is still featured in the opening of the show, but when the remaining 4 women walked out onstage, Sharon began by saying it's the first time on the show she's been nervous.

She explained Julie has been there for her over the last 9 years since the show debuted, and then walked a tightrope, saying she now believes the stories of Moonves' accusers are strikingly similar and credible.

Sharon then suggested her own show might be on the chopping block because there's now a new regime at CBS ... and not just her show -- all shows.

Julie issued a statement saying she will be appearing on "Big Brother" this Thursday, adding, "I am taking a few days off from 'The Talk' to be with my family. I will be back soon and will see you Thursday night on 'Big Brother.'"

There was speculation Julie might also leave the network, but so far no evidence of that.

Reactions: gelbergirl
JULIE CHEN I'M LEAVING 'THE TALK'
http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/17/julie-chen-leaving-the-talk-les-moonves-cbs/

Julie Chen will be leaving her daytime gig at "The Talk" ... TMZ has confirmed.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, Tuesday's show will include a videotape of Julie saying she's leaving the show immediately.

It seemed inevitable Julie would take a final bow from the show, where discussions frequently involve issues like sexual misdeeds. Although her husband Les Moonves has denied any improper conduct, the fact that 12 women have come forward and that he was forced out ... it would put Julie in a tough spot.

Julie did appear on "Big Brother" last week and it seems she'll stick that one out ... at least in the short term. She made it clear she's standing by her husband at the end of last week's show, when she signed off as "Julie Chen Moonves."

No word on who will replace Julie.

JULIE CHEN I'M LEAVING 'THE TALK'
http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/17/julie-chen-leaving-the-talk-les-moonves-cbs/

Julie Chen will be leaving her daytime gig at "The Talk" ... TMZ has confirmed.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, Tuesday's show will include a videotape of Julie saying she's leaving the show immediately.

It seemed inevitable Julie would take a final bow from the show, where discussions frequently involve issues like sexual misdeeds. Although her husband Les Moonves has denied any improper conduct, the fact that 12 women have come forward and that he was forced out ... it would put Julie in a tough spot.

Julie did appear on "Big Brother" last week and it seems she'll stick that one out ... at least in the short term. She made it clear she's standing by her husband at the end of last week's show, when she signed off as "Julie Chen Moonves."

No word on who will replace Julie.
I could never understand her being on Big Brother....I believe she has some sort of news background?
That show just seems like a waste of space.
Wonder if the Talk will continue. She was the moderator.

Reactions: uhpharm01
I could never understand her being on Big Brother....I believe she has some sort of news background?
That show just seems like a waste of space.
Wonder if the Talk will continue. She was the moderator.
Yes, she does have some news background. Big Brother is just a crazy show sometimes, I don't always watch it. I think the Talk is in a lot of trouble, right now. They will either end this season earlier or this will be the last season for The Talk.

Yes, she does have some news background. Big Brother is just a crazy show sometimes, I don't always watch it. I think the Talk is in a lot of trouble, right now. They will either end this season earlier or this will be the last season for The Talk.
One of the cast - Sharon I think - said something to the effect that they don't know if they will keep their jobs

One of the cast - Sharon I think - said something to the effect that they don't know if they will keep their jobs
Well then that means either this show will end or they will get all new host for this show. But it really sounds like this show will be ending, it's not the only show in trouble at CBS now with new people at the top.

Well then that means either this show will end or they will get all new host for this show. But it really sounds like this show will be ending, it's not the only show in trouble at CBS now with new people at the top.
I've been reading some blind items that basically say Les Moonves had total control of what became a CBS show (which makes sense), and he had strong likes and dislikes so there is probably a large group at the top now that will change things up. And also that Chen knew that she would be one of the first to go, no more husband protector and she was no sweetie pie (all rumor, of course).