New Caviar - is it more matte?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I decided to go with a Jumbo flap in caviar vs. the new Chanel 3 (thanks for everyone's input!).

I just took it out of the box and I swear the caviar is a lot less shiny than my 2.55 that I bought several years ago. Has anyone noticed this?

I dont' mind - but I thought it was distinctly different and was wondering if this was by design.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

2. could you take a picture and post it? Always interested to know, bc usually the caviar is on the shiny side now a day. Also, there are threads regarding matte and shiny caviar if you do a search you'll find comparison pictures!

3. l believe it should be less structured and more on the shiny side...
    but again maybe l'm wrong and it varies from batch to batch

4. thanks - i'll look for the past threads!

5. I don't think it's by design. I was comparing two m/l black caviar flaps side by side in a store and noticed one was shinier, puffier, smoother, and blacker than the other. When I asked the sa why the two leathers looked so different she told me all leathers are different and are from different parts of the animal.